• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is this the best looking gpu ever?

Associate
I love my MSI 1080 because of this when I look at the side of my case :D

Google MSI LED Tool, look for the Reddit post. Someone made a really lightweight little program that runs when you start your computer to set the RGB logo to a colour of your choosing, so you don't have to use the horrible MSI Gaming App :) I have mine set to red which looks much nicer than the white with red border bit IMO

Soldato
Google MSI LED Tool, look for the Reddit post. Someone made a really lightweight little program that runs when you start your computer to set the RGB logo to a colour of your choosing, so you don't have to use the horrible MSI Gaming App :) I have mine set to red which looks much nicer than the white with red border bit IMO
Ah cool cheers will have a look for this ! I love the white logo though with it being pretty dark in the case it looks really cool :cool:

Soldato
If your currently onboard the rgb and flashy led fad with a huge window then I can see why that card appeals to you, I personally think most cards look better with a waterblock on them.

Associate
I loved the look of the Fury x Single slot card which was watercooled. I think with high end cards taking up 2-3 slots any single slot ones look amazing

Soldato
For me it has to be the GTX690. At the time it signalled "high end" like nothing that had come before it. It also backed that up with performance that rivalled the fasted SLI setups going.

I have mine on display with the OG Titan and 6800 Ultra reference card (another of my favourites).

Man of Honour
For me it has to be the GTX690. At the time it signalled "high end" like nothing that had come before it. It also backed that up with performance that rivalled the fasted SLI setups going.

The 690 also handled microstutter better than any 2 GPU setup before or since as it was a feature built into the hardware.

Caporegime
Ah cool cheers will have a look for this ! I love the white logo though with it being pretty dark in the case it looks really cool :cool:

Did you actually get this working? it seems a dead project to me, the reddit post is locked and the GitHub is missing a couple of critical files, 'Setting.json' and the 'MSI LED Tool executable'. can't get it to work without them.

Caporegime
Did you actually get this working? it seems a dead project to me, the reddit post is locked and the GitHub is missing a couple of critical files, 'Setting.json' and the 'MSI LED Tool executable'. can't get it to work without them.

NVM: for others with MSI cards who are as annoyed as me by the "MSI Gaming App" Bloat-Ware; the original lightweight tool project is indeed defunct, the one here... https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/51kxyj/alternative_to_control_leds_on_msi_cards/

This one, however, does work. https://github.com/Vipeax/MSI-LED-Tool/releases

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom