Is WordPress.org sufficiently robust?

Soldato
I was planning to migrate a fairly large website onto WordPress.org and a few months ago I made all the pages and menus and tried out a bunch of themes. Hadn't got to the point of replicating all the content and going live though. I haven't done anything to it since and it was still working until a few weeks ago. Now for no apparent reason it's completely broken and none of the pages show up. I've searched for solutions and so far none have worked. What I have found is a lot of examples of other people asking for help with broken WordPress sites.

So am I just very unlucky or is WordPress not really robust enough to rely on?

Soldato
OP
All I get now is the following:

The website cannot display the page
HTTP 500

Most likely causes:
  • The website is under maintenance.
  • The website has a programming error.

Soldato
OP
Wordpress itself is very robust and used by some fairly large institutions. Just the other day I noticed that http://www.silverstone.co.uk/ is built on Wordpress.

Maybe it's just personal taste but I don't think much of that design!

What's not robust are theme and plugin developers. Stick to the ones developed by proper companies, with proper support.

Any tips for a good robust magazine type theme please? Needs to be able to cope with numerous pages and meus and ideally I would like other editors/admins to be able to post articles to particular pages, rather than all the posts appearing on the same page.

Back
Top Bottom