Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2018, Monza - Race 14/21

Rate the 2018 Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
jckp9cW.png

Monza

Monza is regarded by many as the embodiment of Formula One racing.

Not only is it a fantastic example of a track that combines speed with skill, it also has a heart and soul all of its own. It has seen some of the finest races of all time, but also some of the sport's worst accidents. The names of great drivers and the sounds of engines from years gone by linger in the grand old trees surrounding the track in the royal park.

Work began on the circuit in 1922 and was completed in under six months. After Brooklands in the UK and Indianapolis in the USA, it was the third permanent race track in existence. With a banked oval incorporated into the design of the road racing circuit, the total track length stood at a whopping 10 kilometres.

Formula One racing visited the circuit as part of the inaugural season in 1950, and it has remained a permanent fixture on the calendar ever since.

Over that time, Monza has borne witness to an incredible list of historic moments, famous victories and horrifying crashes. All combine to make it one of the most magical places on the Formula One calendar. For many there is nowhere that encapsulates the sport better than this circuit. The Italians call it 'La Pista Magica', the magic track, a description few would disagree with.

TV Times

Sky:

OzP7bNT.png

C4:

xoSujtV.png

Track Diagram & Information

5yKqScm.png

Weather Forecast

IoHzxqQ.png

2017 Onboard Lap

https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2018/3/2017_Italy_pole_lap.html

2017 Race Edit

https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2017/9/Director's_Cut__Italy_2017.html

Italy Preview Quotes

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...w-quotes--the-teams-and-drivers-on-monza.html

WDC Standings

TYBU4Kc.png

Constructors' Championship Standings

dw946aS.png

Practice 1

aaqgGBY.png

Practice 2

2Wv8Zif.png

Practice 3

Zkp19ZO.png

Qualifying

nrigG6m.png

Race

8rKfN23.png

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I agree that in the last decade particularly it's been like that at Ferrari.

But as Marchionne has passed there is new management now, so we'll see how things develop.
At least they're finally back to being able to develop a championship winning car.
I just hope Liberty will be able to address the balance of political power in the sport right now and the share of revenue.

Man of Honour
OP
Haas were told by the FIA the moment that another team contested their floor (which Renault did) they would be liable for disqualification.

Man of Honour
OP
It wasn't that simple. Heikki Kovailanen was hardly a strong teammate. He amassed a grand total of four podiums in 112 races, and while Hamilton had 15 podiums in 35 races in 2008 and 2009, Heikki had three.

McLaren and Ferrari were very similarly paced in 2007 and 2008, see-sawing back and forward throughout both seasons.

I didn't say it was clear cut, and I agree Heikki was average.

Massa finished 1 point behind Lewis in 2008, mostly because he had 2 more retirements. Massa actually had most race wins that year.

I would agree the Ferrari and McLaren were similar in 2008, but I would say Ferrari had the edge ever so slightly. Not too dissimilar to this year.

Back
Top Bottom