US: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Associate
I'm surprised there's not already a thread up for this show. It's one of my absolute favourite TV shows, and definitely my favourite comedy show.

First episode of season 10 was broadcast last night in the US, haven't seen it yet, but can't wait to get home and watch it!

Any other fans here?

Associate
OP
Great to see the gang on form again, this episode had some great lines. Like Frank "checking out the chum".

Can't wait for the next episode.

Associate
OP
Just gave the first episode a go on Netflix and didn't find it that funny. However, pilots are not always the best episodes so I'll give a few more a go and I do like Charlie Day in the Horrible Bosses films.

The first series is quite weak compared to the rest, the characters and writing improve hugely from season 2 onwards, that and Danny Devito joins the gang then.

Associate
OP
The characters are all supposed to be horrible people, they're all massively vain, narcissistic, and would betray each other in a heartbeat. This only becomes more so as the series matures.
I absolutely love all the characters, but if you're wondering whether they become "better" people as the show progresses. Then the answer is no, not in the slightest. In the first season they're positively nice to each other compared to later seasons.

But as i've said, the writing and characters improve hugely in season 2 (especially the case for Dee). So perhaps that's what you're struggling with?

Back
Top Bottom