Its Coming - Ahsoka

Soldato
Baylan Skoll is a much more menacing and meaningful antagonist than Kylo Ren will ever be. Goes to show they had so much SW material to choose from and work with, yet KK, JJ and Rian ignored that and came up with that nonsense with the sequels. I guess KK needed to tick all the boxes and spring clean the franchise to her vision.

Shame Ray wont be back so wonder if they just replace another actor with him.
He'll be killed off by an 'apprentice' (giving folks the opportunity to moan about female characters :cry:). Anyway, it's not just Skoll that showcases the bad with kk star wars, Ahsoka herself does that perfectly.

Associate
At least they dropped the pretence by lying about who the main character is. Still don't want to watch it, but at least we know....

Last edited:
Caporegime
What do you need to watch before watching this? If any pre stuff is decent, happy to watch. Not got d+ but there are always offers floating around

I don't think you need to watch anything. There are references that seem like they'd make it more punchy for fans of Rebels (I've watched, like, 3 episodes) and probably some I missed, but it doesn't feel like it needs you to have watched the earlier stuff.

First episode feels slow, but it builds well in episode 2. I'm not expecting Andor quality, but looks like it's going to be decent.

Caporegime
Soooooo

Enjoyed both episodes but what is it with Star Wars and maps or devices to show someone the location of someone else? We had the map to Luke, then the inexplicably dumb dagger gimmick for the Deathstar (which was a map\locator of sorts) in ROS, then we had the way finder to Palpatine, now we have another map to Thrawn. Just the MacGuffin of the moment as of late? Or is this something that's a carryover from rebels?

Caporegime
Felt like I was watching yet another crappy Marvel series, rather than Star Wars.

And yeah, the whole map gadget thing was / is just dumb...and very boring.

Maps to people that are hidden, seemingly not wanting to be found really make me scratch my head. Kinda goes against the entire point of being in hiding....

Caporegime
Maps to people that are hidden, seemingly not wanting to be found really make me scratch my head. Kinda goes against the entire point of being in hiding....

I think they are supposed to only be understood by the right person at the right time or some such. Feels pretty tired to be using it again in this series. And what's with it being in an "ancient temple" when it's a map to people who left in the recent past?

But, while it's a bit irritating, I don't feel like it spoils the series.

First episode was slow but does pick up on the next.

My feelings exactly. Hopefully, it'll build on that in the next episode.

Gonna get heat on this but why is there so much rave about Andor? I watched it and it wasn't all that. Had so many dumb moments.

Because it's a masterpiece. And it has it's own thread to talk about it too :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
And what's with it being in an "ancient temple" when it's a map to people who left in the recent past?

Well they didn't leave, they were taken by the Purrgil. We'll have to see what the connection is to that. As to whether they're hiding out there, we don't really know yet. Apparently it's explored more in a book but I haven't read it.

Last edited:
Soldato
but again there is too many main female leads
You mean Ahsoka, Hera, Sabine and Shin Hati? What would you prefer, they get hairy arsed blokes into portray some of the most iconic females in the Star Wars universe? But hey, if that's what floats your boat then all power to you. Personally, I'll just stick to enjoying four very attractive female leads.

Soldato
overall I Enjoyed the first 2 episodes but the looking for a map , looking for the key to open it is a bit tiresome and lazy imo

not keen on the casting for Hera and I don’t like the way Ahsoka poses so much, she was even posing inside the Nightsisters temple with no one around, nearly as bad as Gal Gadots Wonder Woman

other than those gripes I liked the action and that people acually die

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom