It's infuriating that they don't specify salary.

Soldato
I absolutely hate looking at job posts that don't list salary.
I hate employers who say we're not looking for someones who's more concerned about wages than the role.
What world do they live in? Since its not the one where prices keep rising and people need to make ends meet, no one goes to work to make their employer richer for fun. I don't want to keep applying for similar roles to the one I have to the have to feel guilty about asking what the salary is.

This rant could go on for a very long time so I'll cut it short and ask. Is there a reason that this has become the norm? Drives me ******** nuts.

Soldato
OP
I also hate when they wont say who the company is. Why on earth would someone apply for a job at an unknown company?!?
They do that so you don't go direct and bypass the agency. I have lost jobs because the recruiter doesn't want to pay huge fees. Always best to try and workout who they are if you can.

Soldato
OP
I don't find it's during the application phase but if your down to the last 2/3 they won't consider you if your all on equal footing if your there's a 4k fee on your head.

Soldato
OP
I instantly dismiss any job advertised without a listed salary. Does by head in.
Problem is I see it on almost every single one. I have been looking for weeks too.
I also seem to find that a lot of roles seem to be massively under priced or massively over estimated on skill.

For instance they want a graphic design (fine that's a 22k min) then they want that person to be a photographer and a Web developer and also know cgi and video, for the same money or less. Madness.
To me if you want a designer then pay 22 if that person also has all those skills then they have intrinsic value and the salary goes up 2-5 per say per skill. I'd expect 30 minimum.

I guess in a saturated market people become desperate, but frankly some employers take the ****.

Soldato
OP
Yeah pretty much. Thats a huge bug bear of mine, going the extra mile. Arggh.
I'll all for making sure the job gets done but on return i expect you to give me some leeway on coming in late or leaving early etc. Its only fair.

The one i never apply for are the ones that make you up load your cv and then rewrite it into stupid forms, they normally contain the field, tell us a time you went the extra mile anf why.

Soldato
OP
Honestly. I jave found they will pay the money most of the time if you are worth it. So dont do yourself the disservice of thinking your not and ask for what you want. Confidently say with your level of skills etc that you think your worth xx amount. As long as you make a convincing argument why you should get it they should pay it. If they don't it was probably not the job for you anyway.

Back
Top Bottom