It's too hot :(

Soldato
Do you have a link?

will go through my amazon history, i have posted on purchase thread but a long time back
On at the moment on the top red setting, love it

IMG20240422060224.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
This is mine so bought in 2022 and still works well , the main thing I guess is not to over bend the internal wires but mine has been sat on loads when creased and still ok.
I tend to go under as extra toasty then
so 30 quid on prine at the moment

Screenshot-2024-04-22-06-09-25-60-99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
9c, no rain, no wind, broken light cloud. Another potential frost midweek so I still can't launch the garden. Pak choi in the tunnel bolted immediately and then got slugged. The Swiss Chard and Spinach can't get going because of the very same slugs. I need sun so the plant growth can outpace the slug munchies.

Soldato
9c, no rain, no wind, broken light cloud. Another potential frost midweek so I still can't launch the garden. Pak choi in the tunnel bolted immediately and then got slugged. The Swiss Chard and Spinach can't get going because of the very same slugs. I need sun so the plant growth can outpace the slug munchies.
Slugs are crazy right now had a couple of seedtrays of lupins there are 3 survivors from the massacre. All the hardys went out last week they either sink or swim its too hot for them under glass they're suffering so out they go. Toms are still on a heated mat in the 'house its too cold overnight for their liking

Sunny but freezing cold wind today. And to no surprise due to rain all day tomorrow.
Nice day yesterday warmer than saturday the wind had dropped. Spent all day outside, lovely.

Back to the usual Grey, Miserable, Cold tosh that we’ve had when it’s not been raining the past 7 months.
First person that whines when it’s 25 Celsius and sunny with 45% humidity is getting throat punched. I’d like to actually get my skin ready for the UV 11+ of Greece in September.
Look on the bright side at least its not raining! Hasn't rained for more a week actually had the hose out yesterday and its probably over til september at least. Summer drought seems to start earlier and earlier each year.
And good luck with the UV sister took a holiday to greece and came back with a melanoma that had to be operated on. Been told to wear a hat and stay out of the sun in future or else.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Europe Breaks Historic Low Temperature Records As Rare Spring Snow Falls On Major Cities
Europe has endured a violent swing between extremes this month.

"April 2024 will go down as one of the most incredible flips on record ... Summer to winter for some," so say the experts.
Following a spell of anomalous spring warmth, exceptional cold is now striking the likes of Italy where dozens of low temperature records have fallen (for the time of year).
Italians have been enduring some of the coldest daily highs in books dating back 100+ years, to 1873. And even at low elevations,
Tmaxes have struggled to 7C (44.6F).

"Absolutely historic," writes @extremetemps on X.

In France, the southern city of Nice, with 4.4C (39.9F), has set it lowest late-April temperature since 1951. Technically that's true, but that 1951 reading was actually set at night. Monday's 4.4C occurred during the day which, according to researchers, "probably hasn't happened [in the French Riviera] since the Little Ice Age."
Similarly in Denmark's capital Copenhagen, a very cold day was endured there. "When the final numbers are in it may turn out to have been the second-coldest day in 250 years this late in the spring," writes local weather researcher Sebastian Pelt (certainly the coldest since 1941). Elsewhere, Jægersborg's 2.7C (36.9F) made for
Denmark's lowest daily max this late since 1988.
Tryvannshøgda, Norway posted -4.4C (24.1F) overnight Monday, the lowest temperature so late in spring since 1973.
As well as one of the coldest late-April's on record, this will go down as one of Europe's snowiest, and all. Nations have gone from summer-like warmth to heavy late-season snow in a matter of days.

438680144-424140173543713-8547427984495947952-n.jpg

Soldato
Another nondescript weekend to come, barely getting into double figures, and yet more rain is forecast for our region on Sunday. What makes it more depressing is the constant BBQ picture reminders from recent years on OneDrive, we've usually had at least one or two by this time of year! :(

Caporegime
Another nondescript weekend to come, barely getting into double figures, and yet more rain is forecast for our region on Sunday. What makes it more depressing is the constant BBQ picture reminders from recent years on OneDrive, we've usually had at least one or two by this time of year! :(

Had same. Even in January ( 2 years ago) it got to some extreme temp. Like 19c or. Something and went to beach in shorts.

This year apart from last weekend I've barely done anything except hikes.

Those annual Reminders really suck now.

Last edited:
Associate
Slugs are crazy right now had a couple of seedtrays of lupins there are 3 survivors from the massacre. All the hardys went out last week they either sink or swim its too hot for them under glass they're suffering so out they go. Toms are still on a heated mat in the 'house its too cold overnight for their liking

Nice day yesterday warmer than saturday the wind had dropped. Spent all day outside, lovely.

Look on the bright side at least its not raining! Hasn't rained for more a week actually had the hose out yesterday and its probably over til september at least. Summer drought seems to start earlier and earlier each year.
And good luck with the UV sister took a holiday to greece and came back with a melanoma that had to be operated on. Been told to wear a hat and stay out of the sun in future or else.
I wear Factor 30 Oil and top up frequently. Never burnt yet. After stupidly burning in Florida back in 2009 I make sure I’m well oiled. Hat always on. Unfortunately I’m not Mediterranean skinned like the Wife. But I do enjoy being in the sun and shade when it’s warm. Most of the time is spent in the sea snorkelling or Diving.

Soldato
Back to the usual Grey, Miserable, Cold tosh that we’ve had when it’s not been raining the past 7 months.
First person that whines when it’s 25 Celsius and sunny with 45% humidity is getting throat punched. I’d like to actually get my skin ready for the UV 11+ of Greece in September.
Best start slowly making your way south then 'cos I'll definitely be complaining when it hits 25c :)

Caporegime
I wear Factor 30 Oil and top up frequently. Never burnt yet. After stupidly burning in Florida back in 2009 I make sure I’m well oiled. Hat always on. Unfortunately I’m not Mediterranean skinned like the Wife. But I do enjoy being in the sun and shade when it’s warm. Most of the time is spent in the sea snorkelling or Diving.

Maybe we'll have many weeks of 30+?
Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom