Caporegime
I love summer!

C0y7YLj.jpeg

Followed by aurora
QVUW0EG.jpeg

Amazing evening

Last edited:
Soldato
Luckily my partner is away so I was able to sleep with the windows open last night. Woke up and upstairs is a much more tolerable 19.5C. All windows in the house open now to cool it before 9am then all windows, curtains, and blinds shut again.

Back down to daytime highs of 18C next week, can’t wait!

Soldato
Im buying a ceiling fan and installing it this year. Bedroom faces the sun for the hottest part of the day and its just an air trap it feels like for heat.

Anyone use a blackout blind for help keep the sun out?. Does it work?

We have blackout front and rear.
Front has also got mirrored glass and blinds, which have made a big difference with the temps in the front.
Rear has them for the purpose of just blocking light with average temps being generally 4°c cooler than the front.

Bought a ceiling fan for the bedroom years ago and wouldn't be without it now.

Soldato
We have blackout front and rear.
Front has also got mirrored glass and blinds, which have made a big difference with the temps in the front.
Rear has them for the purpose of just blocking light with average temps being generally 4°c cooler than the front.

Bought a ceiling fan for the bedroom years ago and wouldn't be without it now.
Sound's like a plan then...Ill get my blow torch. :D

Man of Honour
Weird how it has gone to full on summer today - literally couldn't tell it wasn't say July here today and a few days ago it was fully wet, cold and miserable March/April type weather. Looks like this is the last day of it for awhile though.

Back
Top Bottom