Itunes :- How to add songs on another pc?

Associate
My g/f has got an ipod nano and the other day i wanted to add some of my own songs to it.

I though you would just have to download itunes and plug the ipod in....drag whatever across and whos-ya-daddy :)

But when i plugged it in it said somthing like it cant find a play list would i like a new 1...so said yer. well it TOTALLY wiped all the songs off there (like 1000)fair to say she wasnt to happy!!!

There must be a way i can add tunes from my pc surely?

Associate
an ipod can only be "locked" to one itunes library on one pc, so as u said, when u tried to add them from your pc to hers it was a diff library and thus has wiped the ipod. if she wants it back on her pc with her itunes library shes gonna have to wipe it yet again.

the only way u can have stuff off both computers is if u put the music onto disc and dragged them off the disc onto her computer.

Soldato
Enable disc use, show hidden folders, scramble around for several hours getting the music out. :)

There's a few programs around that do it too I think.

Last I looked these were legal.

If you want to add songs from your pc, use the winamp iPod plugin or real player, I think even MWP can add songs to an iPod..

Soldato
Turn automatic iPod update off, and just drag the songs onto the iPod.

However, if she then plugs her iPod into her iTunes then it will recognise the songs that shouldn't be there and delete them.

Soldato
WotDa said:
Enable disc use, show hidden folders, scramble around for several hours getting the music out. :)

There's a few programs around that do it too I think.

Last I looked these were legal.

If you want to add songs from your pc, use the winamp iPod plugin or real player, I think even MWP can add songs to an iPod..

If you want to do that theres no need to scramble around! Just enable disk use, do a search for media files, then copy and paste all the files to the computer - takes 2 mins.:)

Soldato
So you plugged her nano into your computer and tried to put your music on it via iTunes?

That's not a problem at all. Just make sure not to let automatic updating be left on otherwise it will wipe everytime you do that. Look in the player options of the nano anbd untick the relavant box. Then you can connect the nano to any other PC and add music to it as long as they have iTunes. :)

Sic

Sic

Soldato
bledd. said:
lol!

thats why i keep telling people that itunes is a pos!

it's legally logical. if "sharing" music is illegal, why would you be able to use your ipod on multiple libraries. surely im not the only person that makes sense to

a POS is a piece of ****

Don
if you're hard drive thats that contains itunes, does that mean the next time you plug your ipod into itunes on your freshly formatted pc?

if so, then itunes is clearly a joke

mp3's can be backed up easily, a plug and play mp3 player that just uses usbstor is far superier imo

Soldato
-You can add songs from any computer onto any ipod as long as it has iTunes without it formatting the player (need to make sure the option is ticked though otherwise it will)

-Plugging your ipod into a freshly formatted computer will not erase your music regardless if you have iTunes or not.

-The only thing you can't do is transfer your music from your ipod to any PC including your own for backup purposes.

Associate
OP
Well i used winamp/ipod plugin and moved some tracks from CD over to it without any problems at all.

Just will have to see when she plugs it back into her own pc what happens :p

Back
Top Bottom