• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ivybridge a week earlier

Associate
I was looking at upgrading mine and a family members PC to Ivy Bridge from Q6600's. Not so sure after seeing temperature issues. Might just go with Sandy - depends on pricing and further reviews of Z77 / Ivy setups...

Associate
I am upgrading from i7 920, was looking forward to IB a lot until i saw temps, I just hope its so high because either the software is not reading the new chip correctly OR because its a dodgy chop from china ;p

Associate
Another Q6600 mover here. To be fair, the chip is still great, it is the lack of DDR3, SATA iii and so forth that is my problem. Better to change sockets and get all these little leaps than stick with Q6600 and hideously expensive ram.

Associate
Another Q6600 mover here. To be fair, the chip is still great, it is the lack of DDR3, SATA iii and so forth that is my problem. Better to change sockets and get all these little leaps than stick with Q6600 and hideously expensive ram.

ya maybe I should have waited myself fpr ib - upgraded my q6600 system (when the 2700k came out). Still wanted to upgrade to ivy at the time (err sort of doubting it now depends on price/performance).

btw I noticed a nice speed upgrade from my q6600 to my 2700k; system just felt springyer

Associate
Its staggering the amount of people (including myself) who are going from a Q6600. That little beasty lasted :)

This ^^

If I wasn't getting ****ed off with ddr2 and needed half a new system anyway I would be quite happy sticking with it until Haswell.

Associate
ya maybe I should have waited myself fpr ib - upgraded my q6600 system (when the 2700k came out). Still wanted to upgrade to ivy at the time (err sort of doubting it now depends on price/performance).

btw I noticed a nice speed upgrade from my q6600 to my 2700k; system just felt springyer

If IB doesn't OC well I'll be getting a 2500k/2600k instead. Either SB or IB will last as long as the Q6600's have as there's no games that will be pushing a 2500k @ 4.5Ghz+ anytime soon and i don't do a lot else that requires a good processor.

Back
Top Bottom