Jaaaaaag Owners

Man of Honour
Morning!

I think it's time for one of these with the recent surge of new owners on the boards. I've wanted to ask a few questions lately and rather than keep bumping my "New car" thread, I figured this would be a good place. And with the new owners, I'm sure I won't be the only one in this position.

So I'll start, owner of a 10 plate 3.0L XF Luxury, and absolutely love it. Had the car about a month now and done far too many miles in it already, but it's a case of any excuse to drive at the moment :p Got a trip up north, near 300 miles soon which I can't wait for especially given some of the roads when I get near there.

Pics:

Su8PR9u.jpg
0Jf4ZmI.jpg
PCIokcL.jpg
N1P499a.jpg

Currently got a 2.2 2012 loan car, which I'm really not keen on actually (despite the improved interior), I'll put up a review why later with some nice pics.

So Jag owners unite, show yourselves and let's see those lovely cars!

Are there any "plug in" module types that could be removed for the service, or are they wise to this sort of tech?

There are a few plug in tuning boxes but all of them are rubbish apparently, either because they barely add anything or they cause a number of issues and have a habit of putting the car into limp home mode

Mine is at Jaguar today for exactly that, a knocking at the rear drivers side of the car. It's not the usual fuel tank slap, it's some welding work to the chassis that needs doing, it's a service item that Jaguar know about. It might well be that? I get it when gently pulling away or going over slight bumps

Got this in the mean time

scLxPRi.jpg

Love the new software, telling you the road name of where you currently are on the home screen is a nice little touch. And the new layout is nicer. Other than that, I'm not overly keen on the new black plastic buttons. I prefer the shape of them, looks a little less retro than pre facelift, but them being black and plastic isn't as nice.

Streaming over Bluetooth is ace, gutted that's not on pre facelift as I'd use that all the time

And I'm addicted to the day running lights. Unlocking the car and seeing them come on, I just stood at the window and found myself unlocking the car over and over just to look at them :D sad I know haha

The actual engine I'm not too keen on, it just doesn't seem as refined as mine, although the 8 gears definitely feel nice around town, don't know why the negative reviews about it.

That's damn nice! I don't normally like pre XF Jags, with the exception of a couple. But that is rather classy! Would be interested to see more of the interior

£2k!?! I didn't realise they were so cheap!

I thought the general consensus on here, was that if you want one, avoid the 2.0L engine and go for the 3, which you're doing. Other than that, I don't know an awful lot about them. Just shocked at the price!

Tell you one thing that does my head in about the XF

The bloody fuel gauge :p. I know it's based on fancy calculations as its digital. But it changes far too frequently. I'll accelerate upto 70, oh look I've gone a whole section down in fuel, slowly creeps back up, then goes down again when I put my foot down. Knowing when it's actually a reflection of the level in your tank is impossible :D minor complaint though

Oh :eek:

I may get that looked at then, as I accept it should change depending on my driving. But this goes up and down constantly depending on my position on the throttle

Just took my car in for an issue with the fuel gauge I've been having

While I was there, got to have a play in an F-Type....

Was only the V6 but mother of god the noise, THE NOISE!!!!!! Then as I got out, one of the sales guys pulled up in the V8 and let the engine roar as he went past

THE NOISE

One day...one day

I was surprised at how wide it was at the back.

I definitely would consider one in the future if the price was right. I definitely agree they seem a bit pricey as new

Nice!! XJ interiors are beautiful!

I had a nice surprise the other week from Jaguar in Oxford. Took it for a service and they turned around and said the service is free of charge. Saved me just over £300 so was delighted with that. Jaguar have been nothing short of amazing in terms of customer service since I've owned the car. it's had a few issues, all very minor, which means it's been taken in a few times but they've always fixed it even if they can't reproduce the problem themselves in the workshop

[ui]ICEMAN;24787458 said:
I guess I can post here now :D

Traded my 2011 Aston Martin Vantage against this.

Car is a 2014 F-Type V8S in black with the sports pack, full leather two tone interior, carbon blade wheels and a couple of other little things.

Overall, I'm really impressed with it, build quality is great, it's comfortable, handles beautifully and is *very* fast. It's already been clocked by some mags at 3.6 to 60 and I'd have to say, once rolling, it's as fast as my GT-R was at least, if not slightly quicker.

Incredible, green with envy here mate, that is a stunning motor.

I can only hope I can upgrade my XF to one of those some day! I'd even take a V6 :p

Anyone know if you can retrofit the chrome side vents on the XF? I saw them on a car almost identical to mine the other day and they looked pretty good! Better than on a lot of the other colours

Yeah, that's why I avoided them before. But seeing just the side vents on the same colour car I have, they actually look smart. But not sure if they would get old quite quickly once the novelty wore off

If they were a cheap fit and were removable then I'd go for it. I saw some kits on eBay that were removable but would rather go the official route.

Anyone know where the drain holes are on the doors on an XF?

My drivers side door is filling with water quite quickly at the moment due to driving a lot long distance in the rain. When braking/coming to a stop/pulling away, I can hear a lot of water sloshing about in the door, must be quite a fair amount

It's booked to go in for it's MOT on Tuesday, so they said they could look then, but usually with this sort of thing it's just a blocked drain hole that needs to be cleared. Only trouble is, I can't see or feel one anywhere, any ideas guys?

Back
Top Bottom