Jaguar E pace unveild tonight

Soldato
Very bland exterior, unsure why the front of the base spec model looks identical to the top-spec model...not sure I'd like that lack of differentiation if I paid top whack!

Associate
I drive a new XF and love it, love the F-Pace as well as I think the styling looks bang on. Not really a fan of this one though, as others have said the lights just don't look right at all. And it seems bloody expensive, I could get an F-Pace for not much more!

Waiting patiently for the i-Pace...

*Edit - Also the naming convention for the trim levels is a bit strange. The E-Pace S is not a 3.0l supercharged like all the others in the Jaguar range. They also have an HSE which is a Land Rover trim level, not really sure why they are changing it all up, but ok sure.

Soldato
thats what the market wants apparently...
That's true sadly. When is the Uk going to get over its fetish for stupid crossovers.
Most idiots don't realise that they are no bigger than a normal car most of the time. The amount of people I hear in work saying they got a Gashquai or Sportage etc cos they needed a big car with a big boot etc is ridiculous! They don't realise they are not even as big as a Mondeo etc half the time.
Some girl I know bought some new ugly Hyundai I think crossover and Parked next to a mk2 Focus RS in work it was the same height and size :eek: and yet she thinks it's like a full on SUV

Soldato
Scrolling down the page two or three images told me all I needed to know. Crap interior plastics just like all JLR cars. I had an Evoque for 8 months as a loaner and that was no better. Just poor finish. They really need to up their game if they want to match the Germans. Sure, everything on the outside looks nice and soft touch, but any door you open inside the cabin will greet you with tic-tac plastics and crap velvet.

Associate
I think it looks good and would be a strong rival to an X1, Q3 etc, but I'm much interested in the upcoming I-Pace. Hopefully the concept design won't be change too much before the product is finalised.

Soldato
That's true sadly. When is the Uk going to get over its fetish for stupid crossovers.
Most idiots don't realise that they are no bigger than a normal car most of the time. The amount of people I hear in work saying they got a Gashquai or Sportage etc cos they needed a big car with a big boot etc is ridiculous! They don't realise they are not even as big as a Mondeo etc half the time.
Some girl I know bought some new ugly Hyundai I think crossover and Parked next to a mk2 Focus RS in work it was the same height and size :eek: and yet she thinks it's like a full on SUV

Probably never. There is a practical side to the format which a lot of people find attractive. The extra height gives better visibility (think overgrown country lanes) as well as being easier to get children and oldies in and out of the car. My wife moved to a crossover once we had children as the bending and twisting to strap them into car seats was stuffing our backs up. The children are old enough now that we don't need to do that any more, but she's used to the format and isn't going back - even though there is the odd wistful whimper for the Golf TDi she loved. We're on holiday soon with her parents and my disabled father-in-law will be given the choice of which is more comfortable for him to be in, my XJ 351 or her Mazda CX-5. I really don't know which he'll pick !

I didn't like that Jag launched the F-Pace as, for me, that's what the "LR" bit of JLR is for, but you can't argue with the market. They're building what people will buy, even if it is "bland and unexciting". A lot of people are quite happy with that and if it brings more to the brand and gives the germans some competition then hell yeah, go for it Jaguar.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Front imo was perfect on the MY11 to MY16 cars, I absolutely loved mine (shame it was unreliable) to look at but the new ones have lost that wow factor and just look like your typical saloon/coupe car. Nothing special about them any more

Same for the interiors, the original XF and facelift had all the theatre of the rotating vents, raising gear selector and pulsing lights. New ones have the gear selector and that's it, again, just lost the wow factor

Back
Top Bottom