Jailbreaking & Apple ID

Associate
Just wondering if Apple are still allowed to ban your appleID from the store if you've jailbroken your iPhone now that the new ruling has passed in the US?

Also, I've jailbroken a 3G before (now have a 3GS) and I found it painfully slow when running a glass theme as well as the battery life almost halving.

Anyone else found that?

Soldato
Additionally you're paying for the 'real multitasking' over the switching and limited backgrounding. That's why your battery life has halved.

Associate
OP
I hadn't installed backgrounder or any other multitasking software as the performance was pretty sluggish once I installed a few things (WB, Iconsets, WB plugins etc). So much so I actually just restored it to fresh.

Shame to see the problem with WB is still around, it was probably that which was causing issues. Has anyone noticed a significant performance decrease or battery life decrease after using the lockscreen application?

Tempted to do it again - however I don't think it's worth risking my Apple ID getting banned (I read reports they were doing that but I'm not sure if they can still do it).

Soldato
As many of you know, the new iPhone OS 4.1 update hit today. Besides a reworked signal meter, tweaked game center, and various bug fixes, it looks like Apple went ahead and added one nasty little surprise — a jailbreak watermark. Basically it just checks the phone to see if it is jailbroken. If it is, it leaves a digital watermark that is retained even after a complete “wipe” and re-install of the firmware. Further disturbing is that the watermark is easily discoverable by Apple service reps when performing iPhone repair work. If a watermark is present, there goes any hopes of help from Apple — even for a charge

Source:
Gadgetsteria

Soldato
Even though the new law allows j/bing, Apple have not updated or changed their EULA so as far as Apple are concerned, your still breaking their warranty agreement and yes they can ban your ID if they choose to as when you j/b you are breaking the "contract" which is you buy an Apple device and use it how Apple want you to use it! Any deviation means your on your own.

I'm surprised this forum has done a U-Turn and now allowing talk of jailbreaking because it is still against Apple EULA.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its great that the forum can now discuss jailbreaking. Instead of pandering to mr jobs and his little garden he allows us to play in for an hour a day in prison :D

Back
Top Bottom