January Transfer Window 20/21

Caporegime
OP
Centre back is probably more of a concern for Klopp than it was immediately after Gomez got injured.

Matip's form is consistently good when he's able to play, Fabinho's been absolutely sublime and the kids have done well too. If Klopp brings someone else in now for big money in January, they're taking one of those two spots but what happens when Gomez and VVD are back? I was adamant we needed someone in January but now I'm confused as hell now because Fabinho in defence is so calming to watch :o

As for Sanches, I would've worded my post a bit better had I known it would get turned in to the OP for the transfer window thread, but the hype around him was down to his performances at the Euro's. We've been there before and it hasn't worked well at all. He struggled at Bayern, which was understandable given the competition, but he looked like he was playing the wrong sport for Swansea he was that bad.

I know Edwards will be looking at him thinking he suits their model, but one good season out of 6 concerns me and the last player that had a blinding season for Lille and moved to the prem was Pepe :o

Caporegime
OP
I am not disputing the fact that he isn't good enough but Pool fans talk of him like he is some sort of Leper. Kind of in the same way Arsenal fans threw Wenger under the bus.

Fact is if he didn't make the impact he did in that game against Barcelona you would have been sent packing.
He had a good game that night but all players are capable of having good or bad games.

Remember Forlan? Remember all of the teams he scored against? No. You remember his one good game against Liverpool and that's it.

For me, one or two good games in 50 isn't good enough. As Mark1989 has just said, his work effort is atrocious and his impact from the bench is non existent. I believe the last goal he scored coming on as a sub was against Spurs in the CL final, he's come on around 25 times since and not scored.

Caporegime
OP
We haven't done our business publicly for a while so I'm hoping we'll sign someone but I'm expecting Klopp to stick to his guns and do the opposite of what everyone thinks just so he can say he did it his way.

Caporegime
OP
He's been a model professional for us, never involved in any controversy and essentially plays a role that sacrifices the attacking side of his game for the good of the team. If he wants to leave, can only wish him all the best.

As for Keita, he's done for me. He's simply too weak for how Klopp wants him to play in the Premier League.

Milner, Keita and Gini potentially all gone in the summer leaving us with Hendo, Fab, Thiago, Jones and Ox who's also a bit of a crock. Can see a lot of transfers in the summer.

Caporegime
OP
Merson's on fire today. Moyes inherited an aging squad and has done a great job in lowering the average age.

2019/2020 - 27.4yrs
2020/2021 - 27.7yrs

He's also written off Kabak because he played for a team at the bottom of the table so can't be very good.

Caporegime
OP
Happy we appear to be buying a couple of defenders but I'm always wary when it's a player for Germany and neither Bayern and Dortmund are mentioned. I recall Bayern looking at Kabak a year or two ago but he chose to move to Shalke so I'm surprised they're not back in for him.

Wonder if the Matip injury is long term as originally feared which has forced us to buy 2 CBs.

Caporegime
OP
I'm not sure how Minamino's behind Origi but with Shaqiri and Jota also ahead of him, getting game time in the Prem for another club doesn't seem like a bad idea.

Hopefully Southampton have a covert doping program and he bulks up a bit. We've got a very small squad in terms of height and size but a lot of our players know how to use their body to roll defenders and keep the ball, Minamino doesn't have that yet but will hopefully acquire it playing regularly.

Caporegime
OP
Few of the papers are suggesting Klopp's unhappy our board didn't sanction a 100 million move for Koulibaly in January.

Amazing defender and exactly what we need but our transfer committee has a history of preferring to sign younger players who could potentially be sold for a profit in the future, not 30 year olds for 100 million.

Back
Top Bottom