January Transfer Window 2019/20

Don
The Whites weren't the only side interested in bringing Augustin in though. Brighton, Crystal Palace and Newcastle are also said to have enquired about the forward.

Manchester United were another who looked to secure a deal, but they were 'too late and too disorganised' in their process.

Good old Woodward

Man of Honour
Looks like Barca are now talking to Bruno...

I hope they get him, will further expose Woodward's incompetence.

I get haggling over price, but we should be targeting players who fit the clear vision of the club (whatever that is), so if you're sure they're a good fit and you want them, pay what it takes.

Or he's just not backing Ole now as he's clearly not the right man for the job, a bit like with Mourinho, at which point Ole is done for anyway.

Man of Honour
Quite a few reports in Portugal coming out that we've agreed a deal, €55m + €10m in easily achievable addons and a further €15m with some more complex addons.

Don
This morning I read that Utd won't go above £40m for him, this afternoon he gets linked to Barca and this evening Utd offer up to £70m odd?

Don
Yeah, it's almost as if you shouldn't believe anything the media publishes, how odd?
Oh I didn't believe the Barca link, I was subtly having a dig ;) I won't be so subtle in future :p

For four weeks the reports were that Sporting wanted up to 80m euros but that Utd wouldn't pay it and all it took was a story linking him to Barca for Utd to pay the price.

Soldato
Oh I didn't believe the Barca link, I was subtly having a dig ;) I won't be so subtle in future :p

For four weeks the reports were that Sporting wanted up to 80m euros but that Utd wouldn't pay it and all it took was a story linking him to Barca for Utd to pay the price.
Yeah I got the dig :D but my point stands, media will literally publish anything, true or not, in the name of revenue and site traffic.

Don
To be fair, in these instances the media are just reporting what they're being told by clubs, agents or players. A couple of days before we signed Alisson the summer before last, all the Liverpool press pack were reporting that we were going to make Danny Ward our number 1 because that's what the club were briefing. A couple of days later we sign Alisson and sell Ward to Leicester.

Soldato
Whats the deal with Bruno? I cant say ive seen a lot of the Portuguese league but it seems like an awful lot of money for a fella whos still there at 25

Back
Top Bottom