Japanese or German?

Soldato
Who makes the best cars?

Bear in mind/consider whatever you damn well want when deciding who's the best - but as a guide - things such as price, performance, variety, design, prestige, build & materials quality, safety, residuals, maybe even fuel economy.

I'd like to suggest that German cars are, on the whole.....a bit of a rip off. :)

touch paper lit, stand well back everyone

Soldato
I guess it depends what you're after really. Big German saloons are, imo, streets ahead of their Japanese equivalents including Lexus. Sports cars is a different matter entirely until you get to 911 prices though.

Soldato
OP
kaiowas said:
Neither. It's an unanswerable question. They both produce good cars and they both produce rubbish cars.

Yeah, but as luck would have it - the rubbish Japanese cars cost half of the rubbish German ones. :p

Soldato
Well, jap cars cost less, last just as long and manage to get more from a naturally aspirated engine without the need to add turbos etc.... as for prestige, i think thats just something to help make the mugs spend more on thier german cars.... rip off imho.
Jap for the win ;)

Permabanned
Its tough, obviously depending on manufacturer. I dont think you can honestly place the two sectors together.

IMO, i'd never rate BMW against Merc in the prestige stakes. I think that Merc just have the edge, BUT lower down the range, BMW and Merc are incredibly similar.

I see BMW as more performance orientated than Merc, and the Only Jap car manufacturer that I would place anywhere near these two is Lexus (which is Toyota).

There are no real eye catching beautiful Jap cars, (911 for instance, an icon thats stood the test of time), even the E46 M3 floats my boat.

So, in short i'm going to say German (lets be fair, you've got BM, Porsche, Merc, Audi) >>>>>>> than any Japanese car with stick on tat!! :p

Soldato
The a4 is a 1.9tdi avant running some modded managment a few more psi of boost and some stainless pipework from the downpipe back :

circa 180 horses and a bucketload of torque

Soldato
OP
Oracle said:
There are no real eye catching beautiful Jap cars,

nsx-r.gif

Pretty eye catching and beautiful imo :cool:

Permabanned
merlin said:
nsx-r.gif

Pretty eye catching and beautiful imo :cool:

And plauged with faults!

RX7, yes nice looking car, but just doesnt tick all the right boxes! I also like the RX8, but again, something I cant quite put my finger on!

Back
Top Bottom