Javascript frameworks

Associate
Looking for a bit of advice, I know know enough Rails to knock up some web apps, I understand MVC and getting data in and out. I have used jQuery sparingly for conditionals on hiding and showing links depending on the date.

I think its time to now look at some front end js frameworks however I have a few questions.

As I have never used one before I dont really know when I would use one instead of just using RoR or Laravel.

I have looked at vue.js and can see it looks clean to write.

I think the main question is how do I get in to this... how could I incorporate a small part of one into an existing project?

Also which would you say look at first

Associate
OP
Thanks I know a bit of jQuery for doing hide and show and bit of animations.
It was more a question of angular, ember, react, vue and how I would put this into my workflow?
At the moment I have never used them as I have not needed to use them or know why I would use them

Associate
OP
Ok My goal is to be more employable.
And a lot of job specs are asking for frontend frameworks.

So I know that if you know php you can do the same thing as with laravel except laravel makes a lot of things faster and less typing. I get that, that is how a framework is used to help.

I understand that I use jQuery to add a bit of flair to sites so transitions and that kind of thing ( I know it can do other stuff to).
Am I right in thinking that Angular for example would replace RoR if you was making a web app from scratch you would choose to build in on or the other?

Associate
OP
So my current prodicerment is I have my own business which I'm looking to wrap up.
For the past five years I have done tech support in schools, everything from changing printer cartridge to deploying new servers etc with me been the only tech person on site. I also have done websites for small businesses( re theaming Wordpress sites mainly) along with a few rails apps. I also know about virtual learning and e learning.
In the past I have used php .c# Ruby jQuery etc to get the job done.
Now due to circumstances beyond my control I am looking to get back in to working for a company.
The problem I have in my head is I don't know if I can do what they would want me to do?
I know the basics but because I'm not doing it all the time I not as sharp as I could be.
I now have more time on my hands to get stuff done.

I have been In it for 11 years in one form or another. But just wanting to land a junior position and want to work up :(

Back
Top Bottom