Jeans - Branded vs cheap

Soldato
I've always been buying Levis all my life. They are about £80 a pop.

Out shopping at the moment looking for jeans and am in Next at the moment. They have Jeans for like £30.

Branded vs cheap. Any difference?

Soldato
I was thinking about this myself recently. I wear out my 'high street' jeans (always at the crotch, ladies *wink*) at least every year and was wondering whether more expensive jeans were a better investment.

Caporegime
I've had the crotch issue with every pair of jeans I've bought except for a pair of Full Circle ones that I bought about 10 years ago...they wore away at the butt!

Soldato
Glad to read that it's not just me, then. I wear out about two pairs of Burton's jeans that way. (I always buy Burton's because one of their sizes fits me perfectly and I don't know any better.)

Soldato
Hmm so edrofs wore away at the crotch and dis86 wore away on the buttocks? Not that I'm trying to insinuate anything :D.

To be honest the only difference I noticed between disels and Asdas were the disels lasted about a week longer wasn't worth the extra. However they were more comfortable imo (I could be deluding myself to justify spending so much on jeans).

Soldato
I wear my levi's, g-stars etc out in the crotch most times

The exception was one pair of firetraps and i wore them out just under the butt were the edge of my car seat lines up to :/ Odd but they went back as it happened within 30 days with afew times wear

Associate
After buying some Levis whilst in the US dirt cheap, I now cannot find any other jeans as comfortable. Had them for a few months, so far so good.

Soldato
Levi's are how much? Last time I bought a pair of 501s they were £45 in Debenhams!

These days I wear cheap stuff (<£15) from Asda and the like. I don't care about labels any more. As long as the cheap ones don't fall apart in no time, I'm happy.

Man of Honour
Jeans are a complicated story :S - the best made and most comfortable ones I've got are actually Crosshatch 55s but I'm a little bit of a brand snob and generally wear Levis but even Levis are a story of their own - depending on where they are made you get HUGELY different quality and the ones made in some factories are pretty much no different to any random £15-20 pair :S - IIRC the ones made ("authentic") in China, Bangladesh or Colombia have half the material thickness and lower quality fastenings, etc. whereas the ones made in Portugal, Turkey, United States, Japan or Italy are closer to the original quality - still not as well made as they used to be though.

Got a few different brands including Armanis, etc. and there are very few real designer jeans that aren't just a bit of cheap material with a brand name and corresponding price slapped on it sadly :(

Last edited:
Soldato
I've always been buying Levis all my life. They are about £80 a pop.

Out shopping at the moment looking for jeans and am in Next at the moment. They have Jeans for like £30.

Branded vs cheap. Any difference?

Yeah, the branded ones say "Levis" on them... :p

I've settled on £25-30/pair jeans from H&M and TK Maxx. From years of "research" (i.e. wearing jeans), they all seem to wear out at roughly the same rate, so IMO as long as they fit comfortably, and look decent, I really don't care what they are.

Soldato
I've always preferred Armani jeans. They just seem to be the best fit on me.

I own a few pairs of Levis but I have absolutely no ass so they just look odd. I've had Next jeans in the past, they were better than Levis but the fit wasn't anywhere near as good as the Armani.

Back
Top Bottom