JeanTech PSU

Associate
Hi,
As you have noticed from my thread below, my Hiper Type R PSU Blew up on me... So Instead of waiting another week or 2 to get it replaced, I was just going to goto "A big shop that sells overpriced parts" and grab one from their... I have noticed they have a Jeantech 450Watt PSU for £40 and might go and get one tomorrow. I just wanted to know, is JEANTECH any good?

Thanks

Last edited:
yea, but my Hiper died within 1 second of use which has sort of put me off... And I realy want to play games now and want to see if anymore damage has been done ;)

Might just get the Jeantech... did a calcualtion and it said my system would use 280watt so I think a 450watt would be fine...

Damn, Even my No Brand £5 250watt PSU I bought from a computer fair 2 years ago has lasted Longer than my Hiper :(

Last edited:
Currently on a £5 Computer Fair PSU on my old computer (On im on now) and this has been going for 2 years!!... Which is Mad seen as its only 250watt and its powering Lots of stuff...

think I will just get it and get a refund on the Hiper, I just cant wait any longer :(... I Realy liked the Hiper Design as well (The way the Cables are covered in that stuff to keep them nice and tidy) but I realy dont want to risk switching another one on without some bomb proof safety gear for myself :P hehe...

At least if its from that "Big shop with over priced stuff" I could take it back and have a replacement / refund in 5 minutes without haveing to wait a week or so :(

Had a quick sniff and I can only smell Dead electronics on the PSU so hopefully the rest is fine.

personally I think the Cheap ones seem Best :P... I cant beleive how my current £5 250watt one is managing to power the same setup for 2 years -

Mother Board
512MB DDR RAm
1700+ Athlon XP
2x IDE Harddrives
1x DVD Burner
1x DVDRom
2x Floppies
LCD Screen on front
Geforce 4200 128mb
Creative Sound Card
5x case fans

Mad :P

Anyway, Got the Jeantech £39.97 from that big shop :P... Presonally after seeing their prices today, they dont seem that bad now for some things!!!! DFI Lan Party Nforce 4 Ultra SLi Motherboard Socket 939 for £59.99 !!! Wish I got that board now :( hehe...

Will post the results :)

Update -

removed Type R... Their is Definatly Something loose in their, can here it rattling about...

Last edited:
OH YEA :D... Got the JeanTech in and its Working Great :)

One good thing about the Hiper is they dont seem to kill anything else when they go bang :p

now to install All the drivers etc etc :)

Back
Top Bottom