Joggers

Caporegime
Not the jerks who apparently aren't social distancing but the trousers....

Yup this is one of those spec me/how to life threads... Can anyone please recommend where I can get a pair of "ordinary" joggers? As in old school 90s type ones - you know the dark blue ones with a texture similar to those cheap, fruit of the loom jumpers you might get some printing done on for your uni sports team/club etc...

I've got a couple of Adidas tracksuit trousers back in my flat in London for the gym, but they're the thin, kind of shiny-ish type... not really "joggers"

I'm currently at the dowie estate up north and tried ordering a pair of joggers from M&S, but they're a bit thinner and have a seam down the side. The pair I ordered off Amazon (Amazon Basics) are more like a pair of walking trousers with an elasticated bit at the bottom of the trouser legs...

I don't want fleece joggers, I don't want some hipster, skinny legs nonsense, I don't want the thin, shiny stuff... I just want normal "joggers"... :(

Caporegime
When I'm about to make terrible life choices I find it useful to take a moment to think things through and decide that buying joggers would reduce me to the state of a king assclown so hey, why don't I make another bad life decision which doesn't make me look like even more stupid than I already am, which is hard, because if I'm actually considering buying joggers - and using the word as though it's anything other than a poverty spec non-word - then I am the imbecile, the cretin, the oh please don't do that guy.

Just LOL.

Caporegime
OP
@Mobius 1 yup those are the sort, cheers.

@[FnG]Magnolia I'm social distancing, no one will see me on the estate aside from the staff... and if I did venture into the town I'd probs blend in with the locals!

I understand that you said you don't want "fleece" type, but I believe what you're referring to is in fact what is now called "fleece" joggers.

Ah, oops, you're right! Thanks. :)

I assumed this style was "fleece" joggers:

2arS4C9.jpg

(And, Mags will love this, they make them for "men" too)

eYGOyPN.jpg

I've got it wrong - those joggers are apparently "teddy" ones and as you've highlighted the bog standard joggers are indeed called "fleece" even though they don't seem to be anything like the texture of a fleece jacket or jumper...

I might need to order another pair from M&S or indeed the super dry ones suggested above.

I think you'd look hot AF in a nice pair of yoga pants bb.

Cheers Diddums... though I'm not sure about those, while the cleaning ladies are being paid to stay at home the gardeners are still coming in and I don't think they'd relate to yoga pants... joggers on the other hand, not a problem.

For running or general wear?

Bit of both - general wear and and for fitness stuff, free weights etc... Not done much running recently actually but perhaps should.

Just need the rugby top to match for weekends :D

Good call! :)

Caporegime
The search for a decent pair of jogging bottoms is a never-ending one. They are either ridiculously over-elasticated ("I can't even *breathe* in these!"), or they shrink like crazy in the wash, or the colour fades really badly. Or their too thick or too thin, too heavy or too insubstantial.

All the joggers I've ever bought from Amazon have been pure crap btw. Ditto from Sports Direct.

Somewhere out there, somebody is making quality joggers, by the law of averages..

Soldato
Costco occasionally have some very comfy ones in by a company called 32degrees (the symbol though, not the word).
The name 'joggers' though couldn't be more wrong - if you do anything even vaguely strenuous in them it's like you're in a sauna from the waist down.

As above, for me these are only for wearing in the house for comfort. Wouldn't be seen dead in them in public.

Soldato
I wear Nike joggers around the house but the challenge when buying new ones now is finding ones that don't do the whole taper thing. I find JD often have a good selection of Nike ones but I always feel a bit hard done by spending ~£50 on a pair of cotton joggers when I could spend a little more and get some decent jeans. But for comfort they're ace.

Back
Top Bottom