Join a gym or get a spinning bike at home?

Associate
Hey everyone, recently moved house and left the gym where i lived before. In the new house i can either join a gym again or get some home equipment and work out from home. I was a member at the last gym for about a year and a half and can't say i ever really enjoyed using the gym itself. I got on quite well at the spinning classes so i am tempted to get a spinning bike at home. It will obviously be a bit of an investment but in the long run i think it would work out better? Has anyone got any experience of home workouts with spinning bikes?

Associate
you can buy spinning workout dvds which would be better than just cycling yourself.
But nothing will beat cycling with a group of others for motivation.
Personally i prefer running outside as a cardio workout.

Soldato
When you have made the effort to go to the gym, you have no choice but to do something when you are there.

If you are sitting watching TV and the spinning bike is upstairs, its far easier to go "Meh!, Ill do some tomorrow"

Soldato
Another vote for joining the gym if you're more interested in cardio rather than weights and wouldn't prefer to be outside. Personally I go running for cardio and do weights at home but that's because the only gym within 30km doesn't have a squat rack or power cage.

Back
Top Bottom