Jordan Peterson thread

Soldato
Suprised there isn't a thread on this already.

Cathy gets obliterated. Some moments were absolutely painful to watch. Wonder if she still has her job.after the way she behaved.

Soldato
OP
Yes it's in one of the threads here. She does indeed get run over in that video. Shortly afterwards C4 tried to portray her as a victim of people threatening her and sending abuse. But apparently it was a small handful of threats compared to many, many, many more directed at Jordan. So she even lost that narrative too. I bet her colleagues really won't let her forget it :)

Yeah. I heard about that too. Absolutely disgusting.

Soldato
OP
He doesn’t specify BLM (at least not in the videos I’ve watched) but he certainly alludes to organisations similar to them.

I can’t remember the exact passage but it was something along the lines of “lefties and liberals rely on identity politics, that’s what Mao did and it resulted in the death of millions.

I’m at work now but I’ll see if I can dig it out later.

He was comparing the philosophy... Can you understand and appreciate that?

Soldato
OP
For a second.... Forget about the "millions or thousands of deaths" part.

Can you appreciate and understand that we was ultimately comparing the philosophies?

Soldato
OP
Seems like a clever move from the moderators to move the discussion about the Peterson/Newman interview to the YouTube thread, just because it contained a video...

I had planned on saying something lol. I've just come back from a ban. So didn't want to rock the boat!

Seems to me it was thrown in here. To sink to the bottom.

Soldato
OP
Yeah it is a bit odd... I mean surely there is a difference between just posting a video for the sake of it and posting something in order to start a discussion about the subject of the video, in the latter case surely it warrants its own thread rather than derailing a thread just intended for random videos with discussion about one particular one. Then again maybe the OP should have thrown in an article too just to make it clear that he intended a discussion and wasn't just sharing a clip.

Or not included the video at all.... Who knows.

Soldato
OP
After watching it I went on his YouTube channel and watched a few random videos, there really isn't anything profound or groundbreaking about what he says.

What am I missing?

I think this is part of the reason why he's so popular. He isn't saying anything groundbreaking. However, it is refreshing to see and hear, someone in the public eye with commonsense.

Soldato
OP
And that's what really grinds my gears about those groups. The media makes them out to be the true representatives of whichever group they claim to be a part of.

Don't assume you know me because of the way I look. Engage in dialogue. And then make a judgement.

Soldato
OP
The guy is very 1 dimensional, all I bit of a facade after you watch him for a while... I think I heard him described as 'the dumb person's smart person'... I tend to agree.

Really....?

This man is almost anything but one dimensional. In a world where the mainstream media is out to have us think and feel a certain way. I find it refreshing to have people like JP, in the public eye.

One dimensional lol.....

Back
Top Bottom