Jordan Peterson thread

Soldato
You don't know of anyone's book buying habits? You don't discuss interests and popular culture with people? I'm not sure what to tell you. People share their interests on social media, then you're able to strike up a conversation which leads onto other interests if you wish.
I absolutely do - but I generally talk to people with different interests to me. You realise if you are in such a close group of individuals who have all bought the same Jordon Peterson book, you may be in a bit of an echo chamber?

Man of Honour
I absolutely do - but I generally talk to people with different interests to me. You realise if you are in such a close group of individuals who have all bought the same Jordon Peterson book, you may be in a bit of an echo chamber?

"So what you're saying is everyone you know bought the book?!" no he didn't. It's possible to know some people who do a thing and use that as an argument without it really meaning anything else.

Soldato
I can only assume the group identity hypothesis I have made is correct. I'd say it is a higher tier to the old English Defence League crowd. Being "anti-woke" is the gateway drug; it seems to sit just above "auditing" videos, and seems to go hand in glove with political "reaction" videos on YouTube. "None of these opinions are my opinions, but I closely align with the conviction in which they are delivered".

Never thought I'd be a "attacked" for being indifferent to these specific interests that some folks are being fed.

It is funny how many people fit a specific profile, pro trump, pro BoJo, anti LGBT, pro free speech, never wrong in anything they type, have a victim mindset, anti media, always know the truth... etc

Capodecina
Soldato
Brilliant, this is playground level stuff, which is about Jordans pitch point. :D

I have to say I've really disappointed in the last couple of videos of his I've seen on Tiktok, one about being anti-abortion and the other he's just going further down the pro-Christianity route. It seems that previously he was holding back about these things but now he doesn't care anymore.

Caporegime
You don't know of anyone's book buying habits? You don't discuss interests and popular culture with people? I'm not sure what to tell you. People share their interests on social media, then you're able to strike up a conversation which leads onto other interests if you wish.

I don't use social media.

Other than this.

Soldato
"So what you're saying is everyone you know bought the book?!" no he didn't. It's possible to know some people who do a thing and use that as an argument without it really meaning anything else.
Bit of a coincidence you know people buying the same quite specific book outside of a book club though isn't it?

I'm also not making any argument. I'm just stating my observations of some of the oddities of this emerging group identity.

Like you guys ask for constructive discussion but you are so pro something that isn't even a new/original opinion (so much is regurgitated YouTubers because frankly the points are so comprehensive/well thought through [possibly invalid but irrespective] that they can't POSSIBLY be your own) that when someone who gives 2 less craps than you engages, it just becomes comical.

Like Roar literally called 'woke people' "retarded" and you liked the post :confused::confused::confused:

Soldato
i guess Lockers doesn't have many RL friends if he cant grasp the concept of people recommending things to their friends
- what you reading?
- 'xyz', its pretty good
- oh cool thanks *goes out and buys it*

Soldato
i guess Lockers doesn't have many RL friends if he cant grasp the concept of people recommending things to their friends
- what you reading?
- 'xyz', its pretty good
- oh cool thanks *goes out and buys it*
I'd be surprised if anyone had such a large volume of RL friends that you had to subdivide by gender how many had bought a Jordon Peterson book.

Although I did just check and I added 12 Rules for Life to my Wish List on July 2020; can't remember the context.

It is just odd how a lot of this new group identity rejects circle jerks but they are literally a giant circle jerk lol.

Permabanned
I am amazed that people can throw shade in my direction but if I do it my post gets modded.

We are living in ********* times and it is pathetic, it is those who claim they are in some pro or better position that keep doing it too.

There is no good or bad, just manipulation for the majority to stay in their bubble and feel they belong.
Good and bad are absolutely subjective, so don't try to push that another is good or bad.

I don't understand forums because whilst they attempt to have areas for open discussion with certain rules, they often stop people anyway by being a massive group with the same rhetoric and anyone outside of their opinions is pushed back 10 times harder.

This is why I don't take anything anyone on here says too seriously and sometimes don't mind sitting in the position where I can be accused, boring people.

WOW the word s-flake those things that fall from the sky ... is banned??

You called us millenials this for a long time, and here we reach maximum hypocrisy.

Man of Honour
Bit of a coincidence you know people buying the same quite specific book outside of a book club though isn't it?

I'm also not making any argument. I'm just stating my observations of some of the oddities of this emerging group identity.

Like you guys ask for constructive discussion but you are so pro something that isn't even a new/original opinion (so much is regurgitated YouTubers because frankly the points are so comprehensive/well thought through [possibly invalid but irrespective] that they can't POSSIBLY be your own) that when someone who gives 2 less craps than you engages, it just becomes comical.

Like Roar literally called 'woke people' "retarded" and you liked the post :confused::confused::confused:

I don't think it is particularly coincidental, people just tend to know other people who happen to share not completely opposing worldviews. That isn't weird.

I'm not sure I follow what your second paragraph. It sounds like you're saying you don't believe our thoughts are our own because they're well thought out and we're agreeing with other prominent people who also have these thoughts, is that right? I don't understand why you'd think that unless you think we're trying to act in bad faith.

Ref responses to "someone who cares 2 craps less", it isn't someone that doesn't care as much, it's someone coming in and undermining the seriousness of the conversation by implying that we're weird for caring or talking about this. Even so, I gave a pretty thorough response, didn't I?

What's wrong with me liking his post? Are you assuming that my like is attributed to that specific part of his post?

Soldato
I'd be surprised if anyone had such a large volume of RL friends that you had to subdivide by gender how many had bought a Jordon Peterson book.

Although I did just check and I added 12 Rules for Life to my Wish List on July 2020; can't remember the context.

It is just odd how a lot of this new group identity rejects circle jerks but they are literally a giant circle jerk lol.
Considering the reply was in direct response to sankari labelling people who read/follow JP incels, there's nothing wrong with quoting the number of books he has sold then adding a personal anecdote showing not only incels have bought it. if you weren't so rabid in your usage of buzzwords you might be able to see that.

Permabanned
Remember that guy who was skinny and fresh from school doing work experience, you pushed him against the car and pretended to **** him from behind even though he is not gay, he was just unsure of what was going on and scared to fight back, you said oh we are only joking! -grown adults. That's why your roll of money in the drawer is gone when you told him to sit in your office with no cameras and no one around and it's his last day.

Such s-flake do gooders! how dare such a brat take from you.

-Stoke on Trent 2006 aged 16.

What you think is good is tomorrows bad. Learn or die.

Soldato
I have to say I've really disappointed in the last couple of videos of his I've seen on Tiktok, one about being anti-abortion and the other he's just going further down the pro-Christianity route. It seems that previously he was holding back about these things but now he doesn't care anymore.

Was he always like that and "holding back" or has he fallen for "audience capture" and is now just pandering to what his core base wants him to say to increase followers, book sales, etc.?

Soldato
Was he always like that and "holding back" or has he fallen for "audience capture" and is now just pandering to what his core base wants him to say to increase followers, book sales, etc.?
Well, he has just signed up to daily wire...

I am amazed that people can throw shade in my direction but if I do it my post gets modded.

Yeah i thought that too.

Soldato
I can only assume the group identity hypothesis I have made is correct. I'd say it is a higher tier to the old English Defence League crowd. Being "anti-woke" is the gateway drug; it seems to sit just above "auditing" videos, and seems to go hand in glove with political "reaction" videos on YouTube. "None of these opinions are my opinions, but I closely align with the conviction in which they are delivered".

Never thought I'd be a "attacked" for being indifferent to these specific interests that some folks are being fed.
It's interesting you don't see the symmetry here with your argument in the post you put before this one. That they just hand wave anyone away as 'woke/left-wing/retarded, when you're just trying to hand wave them away as 'racist, EDL bigots'. I'm sure it's much easier to just pretend that's the case and not bother opening your mind to a different point of view.

The truth is that there is no wrong and right when it comes to philosophy, politics, sociology or anything that comes down to a belief system or an idea on how human society should organise (or not). It's not scientific, it's not like saying "2+2=5". Most people in real life are incredibly tolerant, if an Atheist walks down the street on a Sunday morning and sees a church service going on, they don't walk in and go "lol sky fairy believers, so stupid xD". Because most people are tolerant of other peoples beliefs and are happy to go about their life and not care. Yet when the internet happened, all of a sudden people love to stick their nose in, I've always found it fascinating that on the internet anonymity provides you with the ability to be or behave any way you want, and it's astonishing how many people choose to be *********. It's not enough to let other people crack on, no you now need to come in and proclaim loudly how you disagree with it and think that people who enjoy/believe in certain things are stupid morons. It's sad and it's the same as what @Sankari did above. You just come across as bitter and sad. If you're only way to argue against an idea in which there is no right or wrong answer is to just try to insult people, then really you're either a) trolling or b) have no counter argument. Either engage properly or stop trolling.

All I've seen from your posts are you playing the man (and he's made of straw), not the ball.

Last edited:
Associate
Dr Normal

Screenshot-2022-07-04-at-16-54-01.png

Has he cried over any new Disney Cartoons recently ?

Man of Honour
Dr Normal

Screenshot-2022-07-04-at-16-54-01.png

Has he cried over any new Disney Cartoons recently ?
He has got a bit weird recently, probably because he's being pushed in a more extreme direction by being deplatformed in several places. That's what happens when people are stopped from talking, whether they be on the left or right.

But I'm pretty sure that quote is from a book he wrote in 1999, so 23 years ago. I'm guessing, based on the title (Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief), that he may have been exploring the meaning of dreams? I haven't read the book so it's just a guess. So... shock as clinical psychologist writes in a book about the meaning of dreams.

Back
Top Bottom