JRPG Suggestions!

OK i fancy getting a game that will last pretty long and pretty much keep me busy for a long while! Right now im going to be buying FF, and maybe pick up a few on PSN store!

But any other suggestions i should look out for? (Btw i will be getting dark soulds more later in date!)

Soldato
Star Ocean: The Last Hope - International (Has extra content & switchable dual-language option compared to the original 360 release version)

White Knight Chronicles 2 (It also includes the first game remastered so it's a very good package full of content)

Soldato
Blue Dragon, Tales of Vespeira (think i spelt it right), Enternal Sonta, Final Fantasy games, The Last Remnant, Lost Odyssey and Infinite Undiscovery

That's all i can remember at moment

Last edited:
Soldato
My favs are:

Xenoblade Chronicles - Wii (JRPG of the generation for me)
Valkyria Chronicles - PS3 (Not a traditional JRPG, more of a tactical RPG, but it's outstanding)
Tales from Vesperia - 360 (Get this from the Live store as disc copies cost a fortune)

Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are both okish. Great combat mechanics in both but utterly let down by poor characters/story which for me is a key component of a JRPG

Last edited:
Soldato
As I don't think you have a 360? Get Final Fantasy XIII and aim for a platinum trophy. It's a sumptuous looking game with a great combat system. Yes it's linear but I still really enjoyed it and there's a lot of game for your money.

I really didn't like Eternal Sonata and what I played of Star Ocean was very average. I've got Valyria Chonicles on my shelf and really should give that a go soon; it's supposed to be superb.

Soldato
My favs are:

Valkyria Chronicles - PS3 (Not a traditional JRPG, more of a tactical RPG, but it's outstanding)
Tales from Vesperia - 360 (Get this from the Live store as disc copies cost a fortune)

Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are both okish. Great combat mechanics in both but utterly let down by poor characters/story which for me is a key component of a JRPG

Yeah gotta admit story isn't great in them, however there cheap games for the amout of hours you can get out of them

Soldato
My favs are:

Couldn't have put it better myself, Xenoblade is easily the best JRPG, such a shame it's on the Wii so won't get played as much as it should.

Associate
Couldn't have put it better myself, Xenoblade is easily the best JRPG, such a shame it's on the Wii so won't get played as much as it should.

I'm enjoying Xenoblade Chronicles a lot. Can't say I've really liked a JPRG since secret of mana on the snes until this (or maybe Breath of fire 3 on ps1), unless you count the Zelda games which have never wavered.
It seems to have sold very well in the UK, so I'm not sure it's so limited by being on wii.
If you're going to count Zelda as a JRPG, then Skyward sword is looking both huge and excellent.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom