Jurassic World Evolution - Park Building #Thread#

Associate
Is a bit steep on the price. From the brief game play I saw it looks like an updated graphics version of Operation Genesis. Which is no bad thing, loved that game.

Man of Honour
Cant say that Im surprised by the price, I've noticed that the price of games has been creeping up lately and 40-45 has rapidly become the norm

Associate
Jumping the gun considering its not out yet but some things I would hope make it to the floor either on the workshop or as offical content releases at post release :

- "Retro pack" Original movie styled buildings and settings so we can employ the likes of Nedry, Muldoon and Arnold.
- Dennis Nedry's shaving foam can full of dino DNA can be found.
- Abandoned/run down original tech buildings on the original island.
- King Kong gates.

But yeah looking forward to this - hopefully it delivers.

Soldato
Jumping the gun considering its not out yet but some things I would hope make it to the floor either on the workshop .

No workshop planned at launch and no mentions of it actually being added as post launch feature, also will be using Denuvo as DRM (even though Steam in itself is technically a DRM) which is a shame :(

Soldato
Guess this is now relegated to a "wait and purchase in the sales" game.

The Deluxe edition only unlocks 5 new dinos (that you still have to unlock in the game) and a jeep+Helecopter skin. This just screams of a in game micro transactions\Shed loads of small "Dino packs" coming in at £2-10 a pop

Quill18 has a gameplay trailer out as well. I have not watched it as of yet however but it does appear to be with one of the developers\designers

Soldato
No workshop planned at launch and no mentions of it actually being added as post launch feature, also will be using Denuvo as DRM (even though Steam in itself is technically a DRM) which is a shame :(

Frontier use Denuvo for every game they produce. And tbh the workshop isn't really something needed for this though.

Soldato
Cant say that Im surprised by the price, I've noticed that the price of games has been creeping up lately and 40-45 has rapidly become the norm

Games on release have been £40-45 for about a decade now. Limited/deluxe editions being £50+ depending on what people want, that is nothing new. Console games even more averaging £50 on release for almost a decade.

Am never sure why people expect anything different tbh.

Associate
I've seen a lot of complaints about the depiction of dinosaurs in the game, such as lacking feathers etc. People forget that they're purchasing a Jurassic World game, and not a Walking with Dinosaurs featurette. I want them to look and sound like those featured in the movies, regardless of whether or not they are anatomically correct.

Soldato
Wonder if it's a staggered release. Digital is 12th of June, but physical is 3rd of July (at least consoles, dunno if there is physical pc). Maybe the digital storefronts are staggered as well, and it will pop up elsewhere in July.

I want it, but not at £45 :(. Plenty to play in my backlog until it's a decent price.

Soldato
I'm holding off, every part of me wants to get it but i was really disappointed with the management side of planet coaster and given this is on consoles i cant shake the feeling that under the glossy layer is quite a shallow experience.

apg

apg

Associate
I'm holding off, every part of me wants to get it but i was really disappointed with the management side of planet coaster and given this is on consoles i cant shake the feeling that under the glossy layer is quite a shallow experience.

This is exactly my thought. I am not preordering and will wait for the dust to settle before seeing if it is actually a game with interesting stuff to do.

Associate
I'm surprised this isn't getting more attention! The release is only a week away.

Reddit is bustling with all sorts of information, if you're interested!

Back
Top Bottom