• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Just found a 5 day old email in my inbox I missed...

Soldato
Won a KFA2 GTX 670! Edit: in Hexus comp

Been at least 16 years since I won something!

Is a reference card, but hey ho...

Some good news finally :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So you've got a 7950 but felt the need to enter the competition anyway. .

With the amount of money have inadvertently landed up wasting over the last couple of months, I will be quite happy to make just a little back by selling on the 7950.

I may not need it, but it has come at a very opportune time for me. Every little helps

Soldato
OP
Suppose I could consider selling the GTX 670 as new... would mean more money...

But some sentimental part of me wants to keep it, purely cause it's something I won for a change.

Yeah, I know, who gets sentimental about graphics cards! Oh, wait, I am asking that in the GPU forum? :D

Soldato
OP
Well, it finally arrived today!

Now I can sell it and make back some of the money I spent on Gigabyte Windforces :D

Would have been nice to keep really, but it turned out cheaper getting windforces and selling this, than keeping and getting 2 accellero coolers for two of these in SLI :(

Good thing I don't still have X79 - I would be tempted to keep it for tri-sli.

Not even going to bother with that in a 4x slot :)

Soldato
OP
They might as well just give away cash at this rate.

I could live with that.

Like I said though, I would love to have kept it...

Maybe will stick it in other halfs pc and sell on the 6950.

Feels a bit of a shame to finally win something, then flog it :(

Maybe I will give it a spin and see how it runs.

If it clocks to 1250 or more, then may still stick with my accelero plan, as am finding hard to cool the top windforce.

Soldato
OP
Actually, there is something specific I need to test, which annoys the hell out of me with the windforces, which I need to check whether happens at all with this card, and that is the cards only outputting to an hdmi connection when both hdmi and displayport cables connected.

If that works fine with this card, will keep it for definite. If it doesn't, I might not keep any of the nvidia cards. It's that sort of issue which really bugs me.

Back
Top Bottom