Just found this little gem - Pics inside.

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah I'm really happy I have this sealed especially for this reason.

December 1998, running down the stairs, catching my mum by suprise as she was showing my brother the new Zelda game she bought me. As she panicked she swiftly proceeded to RAM the game in a draw which was already bulging with its contents. It was the gold cart as well.

Man of Honour
OP
I've got a gold one sat here, opened and played to death.

What's the appeal of collecting sealed games? I'm honestly interested to see the appeal.

I have a gold one too, played to death.

I suppose the main reason I collect sealed games is because it makes me feel good to have a game in immacualte condition, never opened. To me it can be compared to a work of art in a museum locked away behind glass. Sure they are made to be played and I do play them a lot but it is nice to preserve them also. I only collect games I loved as I was growing up as I have such fond memories.

I also see them as an investment, all my games are going up in value and will continue to do so. Especially as I see videogames going digital only.

Associate
Hi mate, I have about 50 sealed games in my collection, mainly NES, N64, SNES and GB all PAL. I do have a few Famicom Disks which are cool also. All sealed.

You can fit them into clear cases or get them rated and have them like this !

bb2.png

Fantastic, good on you mate! :)

I always enjoy looking at collections like this, the passion for gaming is obvious for all to see.

What's the next game you've got your eye on?

Soldato
Seriously, thats awesome. The last time I saw a sealed copy was under my christmas tree in 1998 :D Awwwww happy times. Easily the greatest game of all time for me, such amazing memories, I swear I will remember the maps and music until I die!

Man of Honour
OP
Fantastic, good on you mate! :)

I always enjoy looking at collections like this, the passion for gaming is obvious for all to see.

What's the next game you've got your eye on?

I really want FFVII PAL sealed black label but it costs £1k+ !

You guys should check this site out especially for sealed gaming. Worth a look just to see other peoples collections. :eek:

http://www.sealedgameheaven.com/forum

Soldato
I've actually never, ever seen one, and i check FFVII sales frequently.

Ditto, I am constantly looking at FF7 memorabilia I have not seen an Orginal Black Disc FF7 sealed in like the past 1-2 years.
I've seen a few platinum versions that have been sealed, its not the same though.

The other thing to always be aware of is re-seals :p As sad as it sounds, its not very hard to re-seal a game in a generic (but professional) seal.

Associate
The other thing to always be aware of is re-seals :p As sad as it sounds, its not very hard to re-seal a game in a generic (but professional) seal.

How are you suppose to spot if it has been re-sealed? I understand with the N64 games that have the Nintendo pull line thing......... what about consoles that never had this 'feature'? Did PS1 games for example, how about NES?

I always thought they were just standard plastic seals, without any special pull strip, I admit I prob wasn't looking for it as a kid though :p

Soldato
hehe well the PS1 deffo had a pull strip the orginal black disc version of FF7 for instance had a black playstation/sony pull line thing. The plat ver had a clear pull line thing.
However re-seals will most likely just be a standard plastic seal.

I guess it would be very hard to copy the Ps1 tear thing, but I guess not impossible :p

Back
Top Bottom