Just got dark souls

Soldato
Have it on 360 and never got past Sens Fortress not even to its first bonfire (dunno how many it has, playing semi-blind). 3 attempts now but that place kills me waay too much lol.

It is a great game though, which is why I got it on PC (That and I think I paid about £3). Pity I can't get it to launch, just CTD straight away. Assume it is some GFWL issue with my Windows 8.1? I dunno, and not had time to look into it properly.

Caporegime
Please don't :(.

Got owned by Manus three times is a row and then had a near-perfect fight where I only got hit once in the next :p. Butcher's Knife is so good.

Yeah, I know it's not likely to work out, but I just fancy giving it a go. I'll soon switch back to a pad if not to my liking.

Soldato
No, not really. Its okay with DSfix but its a bad port.

but the few basic mods make this a massive amount of fun and run perfectly and really the only game in recent years that has been interesting enough to make me keep going back to.... if you have a buddy to do some fun co-op bits then it's even better.

Associate
Have it on 360 and never got past Sens Fortress not even to its first bonfire (dunno how many it has, playing semi-blind). 3 attempts now but that place kills me waay too much lol.

It is a great game though, which is why I got it on PC (That and I think I paid about £3). Pity I can't get it to launch, just CTD straight away. Assume it is some GFWL issue with my Windows 8.1? I dunno, and not had time to look into it properly.

Turn off AA !

Associate
Question Im kinda stuck had a few hours on it yesterday. I've got to the top of a castle and have to fight some boss with a huge club on a very thin walk way.

I've tried about 20 times and either die on the way up or get slaughtered by the boss.

I only have very basic weapons, long sword, short sword and a battle axe. Have I missed something here ? I found a shop earlier cant find it again. Should I be gearing up for this fight or something ?

Associate
Question Im kinda stuck had a few hours on it yesterday. I've got to the top of a castle and have to fight some boss with a huge club on a very thin walk way.

I've tried about 20 times and either die on the way up or get slaughtered by the boss.

I only have very basic weapons, long sword, short sword and a battle axe. Have I missed something here ? I found a shop earlier cant find it again. Should I be gearing up for this fight or something ?

If you're struggling , climb up the tower that's behind you when you leave the fog gate.. kill the 2 undead things, then climb down and trigger the boss.

Run back up the tower and jump off the ledge while taking a swipe and you'll do a jump attack or a drop attack depending on what button. You will kill the boss in 3-4 hits depending if you've upgraded your weapon or not.

Once you've completed that we'll probably see you back here in another 2 hours asking how you get across the bridge :)

Soldato

You can drop attack him for a lot of health by climbing the ladder to the right of the fog gate where the two undead are. Drop attack him, lure him to the other side then run past/under him and then repeat the process. Also learn to dodge roll (I recommend fast roll) as there are a few frames in the roll animation where you are invincible.

Associate
If you're struggling , climb up the tower that's behind you when you leave the fog gate.. kill the 2 undead things, then climb down and trigger the boss.

Run back up the tower and jump off the ledge while taking a swipe and you'll do a jump attack or a drop attack depending on what button. You will kill the boss in 3-4 hits depending if you've upgraded your weapon or not.

Once you've completed that we'll probably see you back here in another 2 hours asking how you get across the bridge :)

Ill struggle on. Was just unsure if I was doing something wrong. Ie shouldn't be fighting this boss yet and have taken a wrong turning...Cheers for the help.

Associate
Gywn makes me want to smash something. Worst corpse run ever.....

The ciders don't help but my god..he just keeps on coming! My parrying reflex is slightly slow at the moment.

Any tips? Just failed with iron skin. Feel like such a nugget, I'm level 80 which should make it easier

Soldato
Gywn makes me want to smash something. Worst corpse run ever.....

The ciders don't help but my god..he just keeps on coming! My parrying reflex is slightly slow at the moment.

Any tips? Just failed with iron skin. Feel like such a nugget, I'm level 80 which should make it easier

Block/dodge every attack other than his two handed swing which is much easier to parry. You can usually get another attack in/heal as he stands up. If you have a Black Knight Shield use that as it blocks a lot of fire damage. If not you could try farm one from the Black Knights on the way to him using the Gold Serpent Ring with a couple of soft humanity to increase the chances.

Associate
yep got the black night sheild.

Problem is he seems to nail my stamina in one or 2 blows then im staggered.

Guess ive just got to stick at it to learn his swings. dodging hasn't been going so well even with 25% gear load. will give it another go

Soldato
Guys I can't find the Dark Souls server in search so i'm wondering if anyone could help me out here.

i've just downloaded and installed this off Steam and the moment I launch it it launches in windowed mode and then crashes. No idea what to do here and Google doesn't seem to be coming up with anything.

Soldato
Soldato
Brought this ages go on ps3 and was struggling to stick with it then stopped. Later in the year i went back and fought through where i as having trouble and it turned in to one of my best games, ever :) its not actually as hard as people make out, you just have to take time. There were several areas tht felt a bit cheap in terms of being hard at no fault of the players mistakes and thats sens fortress (cheap trap fest) and bed of chaos

Once i finished it i brought it on pc and its soo much better :), and suprising how qick you get through areas when you know the game more.

Soldato
Brought this ages go on ps3 and was struggling to stick with it then stopped. Later in the year i went back and fought through where i as having trouble and it turned in to one of my best games, ever :) its not actually as hard as people make out, you just have to take time. There were several areas tht felt a bit cheap in terms of being hard at no fault of the players mistakes and thats sens fortress (cheap trap fest) and bed of chaos

Once i finished it i brought it on pc and its soo much better :), and suprising how qick you get through areas when you know the game more.

This is exactly how I felt about Demon's Souls when I first got it. I had the game for about a year before finally getting past the first level and now I love the series!

MrMarvelous - Do you have DSFix installed? If yes; ensure AA is turned off in DSFix and then disable it in game before enabling it again. If no; try installing it :p.

Back
Top Bottom