Just got my MX518, need some help.

Permabanned
Hi there guys. Just got my MX518.

Looks great, but I have not got that wow factor yet, moved up from a generic Logitech lazer mouse.

Dumped £30 on this mouse :) .

Now, what I want to know is that how I do know what DPI setting my mouse is on? Right now it feels a little weird.

Thanks.

Caporegime
Without the logitech software installed, if you hit the + button 3 times it will be on 1600DPI, hit the - it will go down to i think 800. Just play with the + and - buttons until it feels right.

Soldato
I dont use the software for it, like he said, u click once at startup to get 1600dpi. Then in game, like if your sniping in BF2 for example, you can just change it on the fly for those precise shots.

Associate
I needed to upgrade from a rat pad to a steel pad with that tape stuff on the feet before it felt right.

And even then its been a couple of weeks before I got used to it and get any benefit!

Then again what I really need is a new computer to go with it.

Associate
Is a decent pad needed even if the mouse will be used primarily for daily work (with a bit of gaming on the side)?

I've got an Intellimouse 4A that's been a disappointment since the day I got it, and I'm considering the MX518 as an alternative - but I do like the freedom to let the mouse roam over my (physical, wood-effect) desktop. Is this a no-no for the MX518, or just not the way to get the best out of it?

Bap

Bap

Associate
I use a cloth mat, and the mouse is perfect. I recommend using:

No Drivers
1600dpi (if using without drivers you will need to hit the plus button above the scroll wheel)
Windows sens 3/11

Back
Top Bottom