Just hit a kid.

Soldato
I hate the fact so many people are brainwashed with the current political correctness hogwash that means you have to watch every word you say. Load of testicles :rolleyes:

Caporegime
Definately report it... I mean ffs the mother hardly had her kids best interests at heart when she was ushering you away saying "he's ok" after she hadn't even had him checked over... that's pretty damn poor. For all you know he could have a medical condition or something similar and at a later point something could happen to him, which could have been averted had he had medical attention sooner. Unlikely perhaps, but still more than plausible.

I can't believe you haven't reported it already... quite irresponsible really. Even worse you've started a thread on a forum saying "I hit a kid" so potentially doing that and not telling the police who then later somehow find out after any possible coimplications could be a very bad thing, especially given some of the comments in here.

Soldato
YorkshirePadd26 said:
I've always wondered what would happen if I hit someone who'd stepped out into the road and its totally there fault. Can you take them to court and make them pay for the repair of your car ? and what happens if they die and it was there fault ?
There was a case recently were a biker was trying to claim compo for fairly nasty injuries recieved when a young lad stepped in front of him. The lad was at fault but died. Not sure what happend in the end.
merlin said:
I'll adjust my jokes from now on to entertain our anally retentive members.
Got to be honest, I laughed at your joke :o

Associate
moss said:
There was a case recently were a biker was trying to claim compo for fairly nasty injuries recieved when a young lad stepped in front of him. The lad was at fault but died. Not sure what happend in the end.
The biker won compensation in what is considered to be a landmark case.
For people that are unfamiliar with the case, some kids were playing chicken on a dual carriageway and the biker - who was doing < 60mph - didn't see and collided with him.
The kid died and the biker had multiple serious injuries.
The court ruled that the biker was riding carefully and was unable to avoid hitting the child. Due to the kids reckless and illegal actions damages were awarded to the biker.

Soldato
robbiemc said:
The biker won compensation in what is considered to be a landmark case.
For people that are unfamiliar with the case, some kids were playing chicken on a dual carriageway and the biker - who was doing < 60mph - didn't see and collided with him.
The kid died and the biker had multiple serious injuries.
The court ruled that the biker was riding carefully and was unable to avoid hitting the child. Due to the kids reckless and illegal actions damages were awarded to the biker.

Any idea what the name of the case was? Not doubting you at all, just would like (read: need, lol) to give it a read.

Associate
Unlucky about hitting the kid m8, your glad yours got up and was ok :D

I had something similar happen 5 years ago, about 3months after getting my license. I was driving home from college, i came up behind a parked up bus, could see no oncoming traffic so indicated and pulled out to pass the bus. As the front of my car passed the front of the bus i heard a loud thud, and saw a quick flash of something out the corner of my eye, i slam on the anchors and come to a stop. Check my rear view mirror and theres a kid lieing in the road ... yes he'd run out from infront of the bus and run into the side of my car!!!

He was screaming his head off saying how sorry he was and that he wanted his mummy, i think the rather nasty compound leg (thigh) fracture he had protuding from his trousers might have had something to do with that :D

I have 0 sympathy for stupid ****** kids. Alright as kids you're expected to make mistakes, but when i was 12 i knew how to cross roads safely. I was very shook up after my accident, the policeman who question me was very good with me and told me he could quite clearly see what had happened and some witness's on the bus also backed my story up. No charges pressed etc, the little scrote did manage to crack my wiper fluid bottle though !! About 4months later i got a threatening letter from one of those injury compensation companies telling me my "negligent driving" had caused the accident and they were seaking compensation from me, i passed it onto my insurance people. They didnt get a penny, the stupid ****** scrote family!!

Inform the police just to be on safe side imo.

Associate
OP
Well i've calmed down now after another drive to pick up my gf. No damamge to my car for those who asked, was going to slow and the bubble nose of the gen 6 celicas seem to be the perfect kid cushions. :p

Soldato
moss said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/6215351.stm
Thats the article I originally heard about it from.
Very interesting! Although:
BBC News Article said:
Andrew Campbell, a personal injury lawyer representing Mr Young, said he believed it was the first time a person had attempted to claim compensation from the CICA for injuries sustained as a result of an accident in which the "guilty" party had died.
I can think of at least 1 other case off the top of my head :o

Soldato
although i dont really see it meritting reporting, i would do to cover your own back, especially as you've posted it on here, if the law says you should report it, and you've openly admitted to it happening on here then i would report it, otherwise you just stand at risk of it being reported by someone else and you'll be in a worse light for having not reported it

Permabanned
Way I see it is as Merlin puts it. By going to the police you cover your own back, and if they are illegal immigrants then they'll get sent back which is also a bonus. ;) (READ AS JOKE)

Perhaps the kid was only used to looking out for tanks or vehicles coming from the left.

I feel sorry for the OP as it could have been very serious.

Soldato
[SSR]Wessy said:
I've only been on these forums for a couple of weeks.
Reading through some of the various posts I think I've made a huge mistake.
I will not be returning here, this is my last post.
I find some of the post here more than a little offensive.

" Unless of course they were immigrants, in which case - who cares? "

I just hope the admin ban you straight away, meantime I'll ban myself.

goodbye

its normal round these parts :D

Back
Top Bottom