• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Just Installed my 8800GTX.

Robert said:
Lowrider - why are you using the older drivers, are they quicker? If so post a link here please.

I would'nt say that there any quicker, they just seem to be a little bit more stable than the 97.44's and plus the 97.44's gave me black streaks in Oblivion like Jimbo was/is experianceing, runing the 97.28's solved that problem for me, anyway if you want any of the older driver versions then you can download them from here,

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10

Associate
lowrider007 said:
I would'nt say that there any quicker, they just seem to be a little bit more stable than the 97.44's and plus the 97.44's gave me black streaks in Oblivion like Jimbo was/is experianceing, runing the 97.28's solved that problem for me, anyway if you want any of the older driver versions then you can download them from here,

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10

Seems to me that Nvidia's drivers are in a rather shambolic state tbh. Much complaining about them going on all over the web at the moment!

E

LoadsaMoney said:
Im sure you can.

you can :D

Edit - Be warned that changing settings in your registry can result in system failure.

Goto StartMenu, click Run, Type regedit, follow the reg address below until you have the 'Policies' folder highlighted and open,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies

Right Click in the left box that has the reg settings, click New, DWORD Value, Call that value SedonaDisable, press enter then double click on it and set the Value Data to 2.

Now right click on your desktop, click on Properties, then select the settings tab, then click on Advanced button at the bottom, then click on the name of your graphics card tab, in this case it will be the Geoforce 8800GTX tab, now on the left hand side select 'Control panel user interface' then your screen should look like this,

Now you can select the the 'Classic NVIDIA Panel'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom