Just joined the XPS M1530 club !

Associate
Hi All

Was scanning the dell outlet this morning when I saw the laptop I wanted, just as I clicked 'add to cart' it dissapeared ! Damm . . . .

Anyways, got to work, and for some reason it had re-appeared, so whipped out the credit card, and ordered it - this time I got it :)

Here is a screenshot of the specs + price :

orderns0.jpg

Only thing I need to do is upgrade the memory, any ideas on the best place to get some more? How long do Dell take to ship outlet machines ?

R

Mehul

Associate
Hi All

Was scanning the dell outlet this morning when I saw the laptop I wanted, just as I clicked 'add to cart' it dissapeared ! Damm . . . .

Anyways, got to work, and for some reason it had re-appeared, so whipped out the credit card, and ordered it - this time I got it :)

Here is a screenshot of the specs + price :

orderns0.jpg

Only thing I need to do is upgrade the memory, any ideas on the best place to get some more? How long do Dell take to ship outlet machines ?

R

Mehul

I thought that was the usa site and they don't ship over here?

Nice spec.

Associate
OP
Linking to it is a bit tricky, best bet is to actually go to dell.co.uk, and then in the search box at the top, type in outlet.

Click the first link, and then you are there .

R

Mehul

Associate
OP
The XPS laptops are listed under inspirons. They do have some, but they seem to go very quickly, so keep checking the site.

There were a few XPS 1330's on there last time I looked . . . .

Associate
The XPS laptops are listed under inspirons. They do have some, but they seem to go very quickly, so keep checking the site.

There were a few XPS 1330's on there last time I looked . . . .

Can you add a Network Card afterwards does anyone know.

As there is a huge amount with no network cards?:confused:

Caporegime
I got my XPS M1330 from there the other day, ordered it on the 31st Jan, received conformation a couple of days later and it was delivered on the 5th Feb (delivery date was estimated as the 8th). :)

Associate
Very nice, Iv just ordered same but with the 250GB slower hdd and only 1400x900 screen, was really looking for a system like you got yourself there. How is the bigger rez on the 15" screen? Be great for desktop space but was unsure of long term usability.

Ye you need to get some new ram for that 1GB just dont cut it these days.

Associate
OP
Very nice, Iv just ordered same but with the 250GB slower hdd and only 1400x900 screen, was really looking for a system like you got yourself there. How is the bigger rez on the 15" screen? Be great for desktop space but was unsure of long term usability.

I was really surprised by this combo also, as I spoke to Dell's on-line support the other day, and only by using a special e-code did we manage to get the 1680 x 1050 screen as an option.

I also asked about a 7200 rpm drive, and was told that they are not available on the xps m1530.

Go figure ?!?

R

Mehul

Associate
ive been to the outlet and found some m1530's. in the specification summary though, it doesnt tell you anything about the gfx card for the xps'. how can you find out which card they come with?

Associate
ive been to the outlet and found some m1530's. in the specification summary though, it doesnt tell you anything about the gfx card for the xps'. how can you find out which card they come with?

I think from what i've seen is if it tells you noting it's built in?
It only tells you if it has 128 or 256 as far as i can see. It's the same with the network card loads say they don't have any aswell.

Soldato
I'm concerned about the panels dell supply.. it was the main reason why I choose a 1440x900 panel as from what i've read they are the less likely to have issues. I know that dell haven't been very popular with their 1280x800 and 1680x1050 panels, many have returned their M1530 due to so called grainy issues with certain brands of panel. There has been chat on other forums that dell might be using the outlet to pass these returns on.. dunno how true that is but i'd be interested to see how the outlet purchases are with the panels.

Associate
OP
I have read about these 'graining' issues too. However, I will see what happens when I get the machine. If its horrible, then I will send it back, or but in the bay - as I only paid 642 delivered inc. VAT.

R

Mehul

Back
Top Bottom