1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just rigged up my new Akasa Eclipse-62

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by footman, 25 May 2006.

1. footman

Mobster

First impressions:
    Not as well built as my Lian Li but much more roomy and well thought out. My cables actually look tidy!
    I also bought the optional side panel with 120mm fan but its very noisy and I'll probably replace it.

2. Mark A

Capodecina

Nice one, i love mine. Ive never tryed the sidepanel with fan but any 120mm fan is noisey @12v even ambers. Have you tryed running the fan @5v?.

Mark

3. footman

Mobster

Ive fitted ambers on the front and back,they seem to be quieter. Im using the Akasa fan control junior to change the voltage. The side panel fan seems to vibrate but I think Im getting used to it already!

4. Yewen

Capodecina

Nice!

Got any pictures?

Just mess around with the fan, is it also on the fan controller?

5. footman

Mobster

sorry no pics. Oddly the motherboard idle temp has gone up from around 30-31 to 34-37, while the cpu temp idle has dropped from 37-39 to 32-34 !

6. Yewen

Capodecina

Probably the same temperature but the sensor is reporting off, they are innacurate at best sometimes.

7. BillTheButcher

Gangster

I've got the advanced side panel on my new case and it's almost silent.

However the 120mm Ambers are both buzzing quite noisily. I've checked the mountings and they're tight and secure so it's not vibration against the case.

I don't have a fan controller and I don't know what voltage my fans are running at. :( How can I get this info and/or change the voltage? What difference (if any) will changing the voltage make to the fans' speed?

8. Mikey1280

Wise Guy

Put some bicycle inner tube in between the fan edges and the case, this will reduce the buzzing noise. Your fans will be running at the default 12v. You can use a fan controller to adjust this downwards for less noise, or use the 7v or 5v mod to do the same thing.

9. BillTheButcher

Gangster

Thanks for the info. :) I've recently had a puncture on my bike's front tyre so this will be a nice way of recycling some of the inner tube.

10. Mikey1280

Wise Guy

Good work, let us know the results.