Just spent without thinking :/

Soldato
My mate has been on my back telling me to order stuff from b-grade and clearance :/ I managed to resist last night but iv just ordered the following right now:

£30.00 x 1 - **B Grade** Asus A8N-SLi Premium nForce4 SLi (Socket 939)
PCI-Express Motherboard

£8.00 x 1 - **B Grade** Pioneer DVR-110DBK 16 x 16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter -
(Black) OEM

£25.00 x 1 - **B Grade** Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe nForce4 SLi (Socket 939)
PCI-Express Motherboard

£79.95 x 2 - XFX GeForce 7800GT Extreme Edition 256MB GDDR3 VIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI
(PCI-Express) - Retail

Dont ask me why I ordered 2 motherboards lol, il probably just sell one and keep the one i like. Anyhow this is my current spec, so should I see a noticeable improvement...

Asus A8V
A64 3500+ (939)
6800GT (AGP)
1GB OCZ 3200
74GB Raptor

Which motherbaord do you think I should keep, and is it worth also selling my ram and going for 2GB instead?

I just spent over £250 on stuff I dont need, please make me feel better. :p

Energize said:
In fact its because of people ordering more than 1 that they're sold out....

Is there a big difference using 2x 7800GTs together, rather then using just the 1?

Im really out of touch with all this pc stuff, so I havent a clue, all I know is I can use both gfx cards together in that motherbaord, so thats why I ordered 2.

I think everyone missed out on something though, I wanted that 19" samsung tft screen for £105 but it vanished :/

Hmm thats strange, iv received an email from ocuk saying your order has been packed and ready to be shipped and it has a list of all the items EXCEPT the graphics cards :confused: This ever happened to anyone else before?

gam3r said:
i thought the 7800gts were gone, actually im pretty sure they are.:(

Yeh they are now, not when I ordered they wernt,

Got charged for them, got an email confirmation from ocuk with the cards on there, now got an email with shipping details with no cards on there :confused:

gam3r said:
Look in the GFX cards section of this forum..there are pages on it in the thread "STOP LOOK" by Gibbo.

Apparantly you should get a refund or get upgraded to something equal or better. Some people have been upgraded to MSI 7800GTX cards but they are the lucky minority..for the same price of 79 quid as well.

But presumably id get an email from ocuk to say that iv been refunded? I mean if they say to me that they have no cards left, then I want to cancel my whole order, as the motherboards will be absolutely no use to me whatsoever, and the dvd drive I added on since I had to pay the £8 delivery anyway, so thought Id order it now rather then seperate at a later date.

trojan698 said:
£79 for a 7800gt, nice.

I did a similar thing, bought 1 Viewsonic VX912b 19" TFT, an Asus SLi Premium, and MSI K8N SLi Platinum neither of which I need, and an enermax case (only £9.40!) :confused:

Random.

The card came to about £95 roughly I think with vat etc, but im not sure whats gonna happen here now. The order confirmation email from ocuk clearly has all the items listed which I ordered, and its charged me for them, and the shipping details email has everything apart from the graphics cards.

Anyone from ocuk.. if you are about please can you let me know whats going on because if the cards are out of stock, I need you to cancel my whole order! Btw iv just checked my emails, I received the order confirmation email at 21 April 2006 17:26:59. Were the cards in stock then????

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom