"Just stop oil"

Look at those hash tags. WTF is that all about?

Have you even bothered to find out what that group is about or just followed some link from someone?

Crazy anti protestor groups. Worse than the protestors with their crazy feelings based nonsense if you ask me.

If this isn't cult-like behaviour then nothing is;

Last edited:
@FoxEye (I forgot to quote)

I think we should stop buying useless tat like that full stop. I don't blame china for making it if companies approach them to do it.. But so much plastic and for what? I would say this is exactly on topic for this thread tbh.
we do need plastic for some stuff but imo we (by we I mean consumers all over the world ) need to think if that crap which kids will use once then throw in the bin is really worth the cost....

(I am just as bad btw .. I look at my lads tat box and it's just full of utter junk).
Totally agree the world of disposable consumerism is so bad for the planet but again the government could massively impact this by insisting on quality, longevity and recyclability of products available in the UK but people at too interested in a handful
If people in inflatable boats to see the big picture and demand change!

i don’t really get it… it’s not like shipping all that kit around the world every other week is what you’d describe as climate friendly. Sure electric cars are cleaner but emphasis really needs to be placed on the ‘er’.

Seems to be the article has as much of an agenda as the protestors…

Perhaps they were protesting against all the environmental damage mining for lithium does or the use child labour in said mining? No?
I could be wrong but I thought the lithium used in car batteries was certified to come from ethical sources... a bit like not all diamonds are blood diamonds.
hopefully lithium can be phased out ... but at moment it's a matter of lesser of evils imo.

Last edited:
If this isn't cult-like behaviour then nothing is;

It's a bit odd, the runway is to the southwest of the city, a chunk of the departures overfly the city but the arrivals mostly all miss it entirely.

The London Heathrow nonsense was silly too... building a new airport to the East of London (Boris Island or whatever) would have been great and should have started like a decade ago, Heathrow could have been converted into much-needed housing.

Would have reduced air pollution in London too... instead I think people were fussing over some wildlife further down the Thames meanwhile thousands of kids in London are subjected to worse air quality.

Back
Top Bottom