"Just stop oil"

Consequences for being late can have a major effect on an employee which would explain why some people are going to the lengths they are to get on with their day.
I imagine you're a lot more likely to get some leniency if you are late due to these protests vs getting arrested/handcuffed for assaulting a protestor.

Their actions are understandable, but still not justified.

That’s how it is done here when police happen to be there beforehand and with sufficient numbers. My German isn’t great but even that tweet suggests that even the German police took 30mins to clear other protests in the city.

Two police officers should be able to move a group of people sitting on the road just by telling them to move, and if they don't then individually arresting each and every one of them. If they are just going to stand around picking their noses whilst the idiots cause chaos then they shouldn't be surprised when people get frustrated and start taking the law into their own hands.
I'm still convinced our police are there to protect the protestors from the public, not the other way round.

Last edited:
Two police officers should be able to move a group of people sitting on the road just by telling them to move, and if they don't then individually arresting each and every one of them.

You are trolling right?

You do know a protestor by their very nature is non compliant. How do you honestly expect a constable to arrest multiple non-compliant people legally and remain in control of them? E.g. stopping them just walking back into the road and continuing the protest.

They have one pair of hand cuffs and two hands with 4-5 people each to arrest. Yeh that’s going to go well isn’t it…

You are trolling right?

You do know a protestor by their very nature is non compliant. How do you honestly expect a constable to arrest multiple non-compliant people legally and remain in control of them? E.g. stopping them just walking back into the road and continuing the protest.

They have one pair of hand cuffs and two hands with 4-5 people each to arrest. Yeh that’s going to go well isn’t it…

That's what police dogs are for, to "usher them along".

You're the one trolling. Police shouldn't arrest protestors because it'd be too hard to do? Right.
No, I never said that. I was merely pointing out the reality of what 2-3 officers could actually achieve without any other support.

Realistically 1 officer could arrest 1 people without any other support like a van to hold detainees in. Once that officer has arrested that person they are taken out of the equation until that person is de-arrested.

That isn’t going to stop a slow walk protest with 10+ people. There is little value intervening until they have the assets in place to deal with it safely and appropriately.

It took all 3 of them to restrain that person who took it into their own hands. Say two of those officers had arrested random protestors, they wouldn’t have been available to intervene. They can’t just abandon the person they arrested because they have a very real duty of care to that person. The reality is, someone could have been injured, police or otherwise.

It’s all well and good going all keyboard warrior on the internet of what the police should do but that doesn’t change what is actually possible in the real world.

That's what police dogs are for, to "usher them along".
I see no evidence there were any dogs at the scene so it’s irrelevant.

It’s all well and good going all keyboard warrior on the internet of what the police should do but that doesn’t change what is actually possible in the real world.
I'm not sure what that ridiculous statement has to do with the situation.

It's pretty clear from other similar scenarios - given the very publicised prior notice that these 'protests' have - the police could have prevented them from disrupting traffic.

The police must have been given the instruction to not intervene. And whoever has made that decision (a certain Mr Khan I believe) the people of London should remember these events and have the power to democratically vote them out.

they should just corden off that particular garden and leave them standing there until they decide of their own volition to walk off. Doubt they'd last an hour before they got the bus back to the commune.

No defence from me and I certainly wouldn’t condone that behaviour.

I fully accept protests are meant to be disruptive, that’s the whole point but this kind of stunt is just idiotic.

The irony is that the more it gets reported and discussed, the more they’ll keep doing it. If the MSM stopped reporting on it and people stopped discussing it online, it would stop.

Back
Top Bottom