Just to post..

Soldato
Well I just felt needed to post this and Ive been on here many years now and nice community.

Well I've not been in this position potentially dealing with first loss of a direct family member at 31.

My wife and friends have lost family/friends. Heads all over but then I'm also feeling lost and worst hasn't technically happened

Since November 2019 my grandma has been in and out of hospital back to care home etc, on least 5 occasions they have informed us she won't make it, we have done the trips up only for her to battle through. It's mentally draining us all as a family, we love her to pieces but at this stage her quality of life is none existent, everything is done for her.

My grandad does his best to help but he can only do so much hence he is in care home with her (he doesn't need to be) but of course what's to be with his wife

Roll on Saturday get a call from grandad crying his eyes out, saying she is unwell, few hours later she is in hospital again, telling us it's dehydration and she is resting but should be okay.

Roll few more hours, we get another call apparently it's now perforated bowl and were told for what is 6 time she probably will not make it.

I love her to pieces, I just dunno what to say or do at this stage, some what prepare for it mentally to happen, it then doesn't rinse and repeat.

My mum is feeling same as is my uncle.

I know I probably shouldn't say this as If moaning as I'm not the one in hospital in pain, but to some extent I just want it over :(

I don't want my grandma consistently being in pain and just given more and more drugs for what brings her no sense of independence to do anything for herself anymore

She saw a photo on my son last week and didn't have a clue who he was. This isn't how I want to remember my grandma :(

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys it means allot

I had an update this morning saying she now has sepsis, something she has had before.

Trying to keep busy, even if she survives yet again it's just another battle that means she is even weaker.

Grandad just breaks down each time we speak to him which is to be expected I guess

Soldato
OP
She has passed this evening, glad her suffering is over but my head is just a mess, I saw her as she went and the image is just stuck in my head

Back
Top Bottom