Just upgraded. Really dumb question

Associate
Could someone please help me out here - I know you guys know your phones.

I just upgraded at the end of my current 18 month contract with T Mobile and they did me a good deal on a new 18 month contract with a Galaxy Note 2 LTE.

This was yesterday.

Today the phone turns up, completely out of the blue, but there is no Sim card in the package.

So I called T Mobile and the girl on the phone said " The Sim Card is inside the box" So I says Thanks and proceeds to open the box later on only to discover that, you guessed it , there was no Sim card inside? (I did have my doubts)

Anyways. Could one of you kind folks please tell me what usually happens here?

It's the first time I've ever upgraded with a network as an existing customer directly and I can't bear to listen to any more of Adele's wailing whilst I'm endlessly on hold on the phone with T Mobile.

My existing contracts final billing date is in 3 days time if that makes a difference. Is that why they've not sent me a Sim card?

I'm confused and desperate. Any help gladly appreciated.

Associate
OP
Yeah. Thanks. I thought of that too but I currently have an SGS2 and it has a normal sized Sim? The Note has a Micro slot

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies guys, very helpful (well mostly)

I finally got through to T Mobile this morning and guess what? They have no Micro Sim cards in stock! I now need to go to a store to pick one up and they would kindly charge me £10 for the privelege? I moaned a bit and they offered to waive the fee if I get the store to call customer services whilst I'm there (why do I have doubts on this?)

Anyways. I looked into cutting my existing Sim down. Looks just a bit scary if you hit the edge of the metal bit and trash it. You need to get really close on there don't you?

Meh. Maybe I'll just stick the Note on Ebay and keep my S2. I like my S2.

Associate
OP
lol at that picture. Nice job!

Going to a store is a royal pia. All of the local ones are Orange. The only Tmobile one is a pig to get to and is bloody miles away.

Anyways. I've just found a Sim in my old 6310i so I'm gonna have a practice.

Where's me scalpel.....

Back
Top Bottom