JVC Remote naffed?

Associate
Heya folks, parents said to me today the TV won't turn off so I plod down expecting for it to be the sky box locked up but nope TV remote is not working, after 5 minutes of trying things and changing batteries and power cycling the TV I left to go to the toilet and upon coming back it was on the media player and I could not get out of it BUT the remote was making the help thing at bottom of screen go away so I thought ok its working again so power cycled the tv again to get rid of the media player it was stuck on to find the remote not working again.

I did point remote at my phone camera before and it was not lighting PERIOD so thought remote was dead but after it getting stuck on media screen I took another look and it was doing this but upon pressing a button it just goes off.

Am I right in assuming something is stuck and leaving the remote useless, I did try hard pressing all the buttons 3-5 times to no avail.

Is this normal behavior or should I get a replacement, Sky Q remote works perfectly fine on TV so I don't think its the TV.

EDIT
Forgot to mention mum has a JVC TV in her bedroom but is out atm (had to go to doctors) and will find the remote in the debris of her room when she gets back but my LG remote isn't always flashing so im assuming its not just a JVC thing and its proper naff.

Edit 2
She found the remote for her little JVC in bedroom, didn't work but the IR light only came on when button was pressed, I managed to get the main remote open and with ONLY the circuit board in there I put the batteries back in and it was behaving the same so going to order a new remote I think.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Have a Google for the TV model, you can usually get replacement remotes on eBay
I just used the code on remote JVC RM-C3231, got one coming from Amazon today.

Never seen a remote behave like this before, its weird, there was absolutely nothing pressing on the PCB as I removed the top cover of remote and removed the rubber buttons, it was just the PCB in there being powered and it looked pristine condition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom