Keep or return new build?

Soldato
So I've recently recieved all the parts for my build (bit of a wait on the CPU) but now I'm not sure what to do.

During Black Friday I bought a (well, a couple of) 4K 144Hz monitors. I then started thinking that to power this I'd need a new build, so I started specing one up.
Long story short I bought a custom built PC (from a competitor) and it didn't work so had to send it back. Then AMD announced the X3D chips so decided I'd wait for those and buy the parts (I'm too particular to be happy with a pre-built PC). So eventually they got stock and sent the parts out.

Now I've got all the parts, and it's a pretty nice spec, but I'm unsure if I should keep it.
Part of the reason being that I've realised that I'm still playing older games currently, so I'm still able to run them at 4K without too much issue on my current setup.
Also, while waiting for the initial build I bought some parts and built a cheaper PC that I had intended to be my 2nd PC (for friends or more likely just as a backup incase I couldn't or didn't want to use my main). Since my original build was going to be Intel/Nividia for the 2nd PC I went AMD/AMD. Then I changed my main to be AMD/Nvidia but figured I could move the 7800X3D over from my main when I decided to upgrade it and get a bit more use out of it.

So now I'm thinking I could send back all the other bits and wait until I actually play games that will struggle at 4K on my existing setup, by which time we might have moved on to the next generation.
Or do I just put this down to buyer's remorse, suck it up and build the new PC and try not to think about the fact I'm not really using it to its full potential at the minute?

Back
Top Bottom