Keeping up with the Markles

Associate
I can’t see why they would need to keep trying to cash in, she’s already worth a few million and he’s not exactly short of cash himself. They could have quite easily disappeared and led a quiet(ish) and comfortable life but they haven’t, instead they insist on pushing themselves into the limelight. It’s all a bit hypocritical for me. I’d be quite sympathetic if the had tried to disappear and were still getting hounded.

I’m bored of hearing them moaning about hard done by they are and I gather the Oprah thing is just more of the same, there are people in far worse positions than they are. They should be grateful for what they have.

True, if they really want to detach, then go and damn well do so, and quietly.

Soldato
(R4nowshow) hadn't heard the idiom 'Going Meghan' - could be a 2021 winner ? #goingmeghan , competing with the likes of 'fake news'.

Caporegime
Of course they wanted the cash. How else are they going to earn their money whilst living a quiet and peaceful life? They're hardly going to keep up their lifestyle working small local town jobs are they.

If they stay = They're just leaching off the taxpayers funds
Now they've left = Look at them. They just want to make money

That's literally never going to be needed. Megan would be worth a few million from suits alone.

Princess Diana left circa 20 million in a trust fund to William and Harry, to be given to them aged 30, back in 1992... two decades of compounding 20 million gives quite a nest egg in itself! She also left about circa 20 million in jewelry etc.. too.

Prince Charles is entitled to an annual income from the Duchy of Cornwall, a portfolio of mostly land/property investments worth circa 1 billion - even with low yields that gives him 22 million a year - that pays for both his households and those of his sons... Harry doesn't even need to touch whatever his share of the 20 million invested in 1992 is now worth.

We don't know how much of Charles' income gets put aside into personal savings each year or indeed how much of that which he diverts to William and Harry gets invested as personal savings/investments for them either - but Charles essentially has an 8 figure income and both William and Harry have a 7 figure income stream to pay for their respective lifestyles from that alone.

There is private wealth too of course - the Queen has her own private investments/property etc.. (outside of the Duchy of Lancaster - the Duchy itself also pays her 20 million a year and this is just private income for her - her household stuff gets covered by another income stream from the Crown Estate), her personal portfolio is likely well into the hundreds of millions. Note the Queen Mother left the Queen between 50 and 70 million in her will, various members of the Royal Family will have several million invested etc.. and the Queen gives substantial gifts to her kids, grandkids etc.. all her children have been given large houses etc.. + they and other relatives are given the use of palaces or apartments/other homes in and around palaces etc... Would be surprised if she hadn't passed on money too.

Soldato
When is she going to pay back all that tax money that paid for her wedding. I can almost guarantee it was in the back of her mind that she wasn't going to do royal duties but still wanted her cake and eat it with the wedding.

About time she/they were stripped of their title IMO. Its important to her because its a money spinner though she's done nothing to earn it other than marry someone.

We don't know how much of Charles' income gets put aside into personal savings each year or indeed how much of that which he diverts to William and Harry gets invested as personal savings/investments for them either - but Charles essentially has an 8 figure income and both William and Harry have a 7 figure income stream to pay for their respective lifestyles from that alone.

I believe I read somewhere he gives Harry a million a year out of his private duchy income, I don't have any source for that however.

Man of Honour
To me, it seems somewhat cowardly for Meghan and Harry to be conducting a media campaign against people who aren't allowed to speak up in their own defence. Going after the media is one thing. Going after the royal family is a very different thing.

Caporegime
The DM have it covered today, 24 separate articles.

If they had simply said they didn't want to raise their children in a family with a suspected sex pest, instead of a quieter life.

Soldato
The DM have it covered today, 24 separate articles.

If they had simply said they didn't want to raise their children in a family with a suspected sex pest, instead of a quieter life.

Quite but apparently she isnt allowed to live her own life how she wants to. This is my 6th request in this thread for proof shes a narcissist...

To me, it seems somewhat cowardly for Meghan and Harry to be conducting a media campaign against people who aren't allowed to speak up in their own defence. Going after the media is one thing. Going after the royal family is a very different thing.

LMAO Have you see the articles this week??!

Soldato
DM could have put their (high court edicted) sincere apology, ironically, on the front page .

albeit the front cover is probably a relic versus 'online' readership, and, who, on a daily basis, goes to a particular newspapers site,
as opposed to just googling something you are interested in reading about - pick & mix.
maybe the apology is a popup like waivable gdpr

it seems somewhat cowardly for Meghan and Harry to be conducting a media campaign against people who aren't allowed to speak up in their own defence
The phrase being savaged by a dead sheep comes to mind.

Soldato
They are not doing themselves any favours. Dont want the media attention you get with the Royal Family so lets go to the country with the biggest media coverage in the world.
Dont want the negative media attention. There is a big big difference.

You know the same stories told in different ways about Meghan and Kate.

Caporegime
Still don't care about this, but the court case against Mail on Sunday is interesting, insofar that the outcome is something I think the public can agree with.

That outcome being that newspapers (in addition to their online variants, televised news, social media etc) should be forced to print an apology for misleading their consumers for a period of time on the front page. Personally, I would go further to make the penalty half the page or even the full page, black and white, no frills...

Less people taken in by falsehoods that are never corrected should provide for a less abrasive discourse, well that's the hope anyway.

Back
Top Bottom