Keyboard error?

Soldato
I'm completely stuck with what seems like a keyboard driver error...

My computer (I'm on the spare at the moment) keeps scrolling left constantly. I can't type as it's writing words backwards, and I can't change any settings as it won't let me select anything other than the furthest left option.

I've managed to reinstall windows (typed in the product key in reverse!) yet it still won't work.

It's not a problem with the keyboard, as I'm using it at the moment, and I don't think it's a USB port error as the mouse still works fine in all the ports.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Soldato
Try booting the PC with a Knoppix livecd, and see if the problem persists there.
If you have tried the keyboard in another PC, sounds like something is wrong on your mobo- Try resetting the CMOS, but if this doesn't work, it sounds like a toasty keyboard controller (Either RMA or new mobo)

-Leezer-

Soldato
OP
Reset the CMOS, seems to be working now I hope.

It wasn't set to a dodgy language, it was just scrolling left and whenever I pressed the E key it'd boot an explorer window :confused:

Soldato
you sure one of the keys wernt stuck down?

Windows E would launch explorer, just checked but it doesnt type backwards if it was stuck lol.

Weird one dude. never seen that before.

Make sure you do a full virus scan of all your hdd's even if you have done a fresh install a virus could live on other partitions and such. Would seem like a virus type prank.

Soldato
OP
It's still doing it, it would appear to be an intermitant fault with something.

The keyboard is fine, no stuck keys, all the software and drivers are installed and it works perfectly on the other computer.

It does it even when I plug a keyboard into the PS2 socket.

I've done a full virus scan and found nothing, might try adding a second virus scanner just to be sure.

Any more ideas?

Soldato
sounds like the keyboard controller is on the way out mate, if possible rma or maybe get a new mobo. check if the mobo is shorting out (stupid i know but seen it happen).

Back
Top Bottom