Keyboard layout - what do you like?

Soldato
Triggered by a silly reason - keeping a keyboard in my locker at work - I've started wondering if I can find a keyboard with the full ISO layout under 41cm wide.

Essentially I want to make it easier to plonk in the locker on a tray with my laptop. Right now I have to separately manoeuvre it in.

I'm wondering if I should look into an alternative layout. I use literally every key on the board (ok SysRq is rare but I do). Numpad, arrows and navigation all get used a lot.

Is there something that isn't lacking too many keys that might work for me? I'm a bit wary of adjusting to new layouts as I also use full ISO keyboards at home, laptop keyboard, etc.

Soldato
OP
I'm thinking tenkeyless and a separate USB numpad may be my solution.

Just don't know how to get a decent numpad which will be similar to whatever main board I buy.

Soldato
OP
The point is to minimize strain for those who write or code, the more you can remain on the home-row (fingers on the F and J keys) the less strain you get (i.e. reaching the right pinky finger out to the backspace key).
Yeah but also if you use all the keys, that's a lot of brain rewiring to learn key maps.

Back
Top Bottom