Keyboards - What to buy?

Soldato
I got upto about £20 maybe to spend. Id like thin keys as in not huge buttons as im sick of my current keyboard. Would defo like it black or black and silver and the keys must be readable in a light colour if on black keys so i can read em lol if need be. Would like multimedia shortcut keys as well. Also would like keys to be quiet and soft press ones.

I did like the hiper silver one that was up not long ago but woundering if theres any others that people know about.

Spec me some keyboards peeps :)

Soldato
OEM Logitech keyboards are OK for general use (the Internet Pro is £10.52 atm on OcUK).

If you want a few more keys to play with the 2 Logitech Media keyboards are going for £16.39 and £19.92 at the moment.

Both have pretty standard key sizes though.

Soldato
OP
Logitech Ultra-X looks well smart but erm does it have like caps lock LED light?

Are the keys lazer etched on so they wont ware off? As i would really like this feature. Also maybe led keys would be nice. I might be able to stretch abit more money if there was one.

Very nice frogboy about the Logitech DiNovo. Looks well smart as well but weird with detached keypad bit but i like the led display on it. Woah just saw price using search engine. £60 +. Shame but i can see where the money goes on it.

Last edited:
Soldato
SkeeterPSA said:
Logitech Ultra-X looks well smart but erm does it have like caps lock LED light?

Are the keys lazer etched on so they wont ware off? As i would really like this feature. Also maybe led keys would be nice. I might be able to stretch abit more money if there was one.

Very nice frogboy about the Logitech DiNovo. Looks well smart as well but weird with detached keypad bit but i like the led display on it. Woah just saw price using search engine. £60 +. Shame but i can see where the money goes on it.
I've got the Ultra-X - yes it does have the lock lights - no wear on it yet, but my 'F' key isn't responding too well, so I find it a touch hard to recomment.

Ironically I got it to temporarily replace a DiNovo 2.0, which I successfully poured coffee over. The cap-lock key works now, but nothing else lol.

Nothing touches a DiNovo. The thing is in a different world - as it should be for the price I guess.

Soldato
OP
About the ultra x. Does it have a power/sleep/wake buttons as i use them a lot on my current keyboard the turbo-media beige keyboard.

Also does it have any problems when you press say 3 keys at same time like say in gta sa where you do wheelspins in a circle you need to press w/s/a or d. at the same time.

Soldato
SkeeterPSA said:
About the ultra x. Does it have a power/sleep/wake buttons as i use them a lot on my current keyboard the turbo-media beige keyboard.

Also does it have any problems when you press say 3 keys at same time like say in gta sa where you do wheelspins in a circle you need to press w/s/a or d. at the same time.
Erm... I'll get back to you on the extra buttons... it has a series along the top, but I still use the Media Pad from the DiNovo for that sort of thing... I know it's got the almost standard media, volume and mute ones though... haven't noticed a sleep one, but it's almost inevitable.

I've never noticed any problems with pressing more than 2 keys at any time, though I never use the keyboard in games.

Soldato
The Ultra-X has no power/sleep/wake buttons at all.

Additional keys are limited to: media, play/pause, mute, favourites (what is the point of that one :\), email and www.

Perhaps the I-touch software can configure them for what you want, but I've not got it installed.

Back
Top Bottom