Khat to be banned

Soldato
The way it works (the active ingredients) would indicate to me it would cause long term problems for the heart and potentially stroke I would guess to. But I would wager these were not significant and that when you would compare the risk to other substances that are partaken then it would be on the lesser scale.

I personally find it a very antisocial thing. But if people want to sit their chewing the cud like a cow or some hillbilly I am not overly worried.

Soldato
Can you not drink alcohol say for 6 months? it is addictive you just dont know it is.

Heres another one I put to my friends who give me grief about it.

Try going out to a nightclub go and dance and talk to woman, SOBER.

I get accused of being drunk/on drugs so often when i'm sober because I enjoy myself dancing and going crazy.

It's baffling to me that people assume you are not allowed to enjoy yourself/be happy without in taking some substance. What a sad state of existence lol.

It's not particle addictive or bad for you health..

LOLOLOLOL

Last edited:
Caporegime
I reckon if khat had been used for a few generations by white middle class people they'd likely let it slip.... 'traditional British values'... you can let the kids have a bit of khat at Christmas, leave some khat out for Santa etc...

Fact is most of the population doesn't care about it, it sometimes gets to this country via dubious routes, is sold sometimes by dubious people and worst of all its enjoyed by black muslamics!!!! Of course they're happy to ban it - rest of the population doesn't care and it gives some legitimate reason to conduct dawn raids at dodgy Somali community centres.

Caporegime
Seems like it's being banned because of some kind of racism in the government, it's a foreign drug so it must be banned. Yet we sell caffeine to children.

No evidence of harm, but a few people pulling the strings decide it should be banned. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
*snip*
Fact is most of the population doesn't care about it, it sometimes gets to this country via dubious routes, is sold sometimes by dubious people and worst of all its enjoyed by black muslamics!!!! Of course they're happy to ban it - rest of the population doesn't care and it gives some legitimate reason to conduct dawn raids at dodgy Somali community centres.

I suspect that this is pretty close to the mark.

Oh, and FLOL at "it ain't British so why are we allowing it here". Best throw out pretty much everything you own if that's how you feel.

Soldato
Shame I'd never heard of this before. Wonder if its more effective than coffee or just a different version.

I still don't get why some drugs are banned.

Back
Top Bottom