kicking people out of the group last minute

Permabanned
Just wondering if i was too harsh, kicking 3 members out of the group last minute, and now they will fail. these 3 did not contribute to the group, and as i didnt know how it was going to be marked i decided as team leader to kick them out at the last hour of the deadline, so they have no hope in hell to get a mark now.

Permabanned
OP
I suppose it depends what is being marked.

End result or the ability to work as a team? if it's the latter i'd say you're all screwed :D

You've not exactly put a lot of details in tbh so it's hard to judge.

We had to do a financial maths project at Stanford, they didnt reply to any emails, nor did they give any input. plus was not sure if the marks will be based on everyones input to the project as a team or per individual, I was worried that they would bring down the overall mark.

Permabanned
OP
You may not even be allowed to throw them out anyway. If you've been assigned a group to work with then you don't get a choice.

I'm not saying group work is easy but if you were having trouble you shouldnt have left it to the the last minute. Being the team leader isnt about bossing people around, its about getting everyone to work together. What I'm trying to say is this will probably reflect worse on you than it will on them.

I gave them every opportunity, to get in contact, they had 3 weeks and i emailed them telling them that they had 2 days to contact me before we kicked them out. The project also involves giving each other grades, they would have accounted for 33 percent of our grading.

Anyway still no email, I gave the teaching assistant copies she responded it was fine, if they don't pull their weight then kicking them was fair as in work situation they would have been fired.

Back
Top Bottom