Kids prepaid card accounts

Soldato
Looked into this again, I tried one a while ago and it wouldn't work.

I tried it again, it was hyperjar, but it won't make me an account. Says they will email be, but never dom

The wife and I tried Starling Bank, to then make a joint account and make kids Kites accounts. Both refused an account, no idea why.

Don't really want it pay for go Henry, who else is out there and free?

Have two kids that require them, checked Revolut, but their free account is only for 1 kid.

My kids, 11 and 15, both have free kids' current accounts with a local high street bank. Comes with contactless Visa Debit card, no overdraft (obvs) and we pay their pocket money into their accounts via bank transfer/standing order.

Although it depends on how old your kids are.

Last edited:
I have revolut for my kids, you as the parent have to have the Plus account for 2 kids but it's only £4 a month so cheaper than the likes of go henry etc plus I get a card too which is always handy as a backup for travel etc.

We use Hyperjar for my 11 year old although he was 10 at the time we set it up. Never had a problem and really good being able to link his card to different jars etc. Is there not a phone number you can ring or an alternative email address?

If your kids are 11 then there's tons of choices with high street banks - we used Nationwide for our older two when they were younger once they hit 11.

I have revolut for my kids, you as the parent have to have the Plus account for 2 kids but it's only £4 a month so cheaper than the likes of go henry etc plus I get a card too which is always handy as a backup for travel etc.
We use Revolut too.

My eldest has a kids account tied to my account, my youngest has a kids account tied to my wifes account.

We pay no monthly fees and it works well as a pre-paid debit card.

We use Revolut too.

My eldest has a kids account tied to my account, my youngest has a kids account tied to my wifes account.

We pay no monthly fees and it works well as a pre-paid debit card.
Might do this, missus and I get an account each, then 1 kid on each.

Failing that, will be Barclays, as we bank with them.

Last edited:
We also use Natwest Rooster accounts for our 2. It seems to work really well, they can access their accounts via the app. It also means they can purchase their own Robux/Fortnite in-game currency without bothering me every time!

Back
Top Bottom