Killed my RX100 and need a replacement compact

Associate
So after killing my Fuji xf1 with water I have done the same to my rx100 mk1. I am gutted to say the least as I don't really have the cash for a new camera but I'm travelling around Australia and want to capture the memories.

So now I need to get a replacement and I wanted to get some opinions from the experts on here.

I want it to be semi compact so that it will fit in a pocket and want a decent sensor and lens with good low light performance. I would like it to be able to transfer images to a phone over Bluetooth/wifi but this isn't the end of the world and would rather better image quality.

So far I have looked at the Sony rx100 mk3, Panasonic lx10 and Canon g7x mk 2. All are around the same price new or second hand. Like the look of all of them but not sure which would be better for me. Are there any others I should be looking at? Don't mind old or second hand if it's worth it.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
To me the rx100 mk3 would be the obvious choice with a familiar layout etc unless either of the other choices had a particular feature you needed?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies. I looked at the Nikon aw-1 but the size was just too large. I went for the Canon in the end before reading this thread. I think I should have gone for the rx100 mk3 but can't change my mind now. Do you think the mk3 would have held its value more than the Canon?

Soldato
Thanks for the replies. I looked at the Nikon aw-1 but the size was just too large. I went for the Canon in the end before reading this thread. I think I should have gone for the rx100 mk3 but can't change my mind now. Do you think the mk3 would have held its value more than the Canon?
The rx100 models hold value exceptionally well for compacts.

Back
Top Bottom