Killing Eve

Soldato

Anybody watching/watched this?

I have never had such mixed feelings about a TV show before. So much annoys me about it and I dislike the format of comedy elements, cringey at times.

However, every scene with Villanelle (awesomely played by the beautiful Jodie Comer) is just brilliant. In fact, a warning lads, good chance of a semi when she's on screen.

Soldato
My girlfriend seemed slightly interested in watching this (which for her is about all I get for any show), so judging by your last line I should dive in and force the issue :p

Soldato
Thought the first episode was good with the self-deprcating/intelligent part/scenes played by the police officer, and her husband

Had to suspend belief with respect to physical abilities of the Killer versus Uma Thurman (kill bill) Angelie Jolie (salt) or Anne Parillaud (had to look last one up)

Second episode less well written ... and motivation to watch the rest has drivelled off.

... in parallel just started watching much more gripping https://www.channel4.com/programmes/mr-avila
professional killer(Leon'esque), with new understudy , and his pretty 30yr old girlfriend
.... this is how it should be done

Soldato
The other question about this -
is it a gratutitous attempt to play to the current empowered women narrative, so hit or miss [that was a good series;) soundtrack and all]?
the policewomens a success but the killer (don't tell me the ending) less so.

...maybe I missed it, but no noticeable sound track ?

Soldato
Thanks .. the soundtrack did not seem very intrusive as it sometimes can be .. maybe given previous citicism of indistinct bbc vocals, it had been mixed down; on something like billions too, it is very evident.

Soldato
Was very unsure when I started this and really liked it by the end. I was really worried the sexual / bisexual angle would take front and center as things went on but thankfully it was all kept fairly subtle.

Production values were fantastic, very stylish shots, great locations, very witty script.

I didn't like the last 30 seconds it feels like they are planning a second season which will likely just be a diluted version of this one. Where could it go realistically?

Soldato
Watched the first ep last night. Very good actually. Will continue! Why stuff like this is hidden away on BBC3 I do not know...

Back
Top Bottom