Kilometres and kg

Soldato
Anyone else getting sick of everyone bloody using km to measure distance and kg for weight within the UK? For example, I ran 10k today or I weigh 80kg. No you ran 6.2 miles and weigh 12 stone.

Soldato
Anyone else getting sick of everyone bloody using km to measure distance and kg for weight within the UK? For example, I ran 10k today or I weigh 80kg. No you ran 6.2 miles and weigh 12 stone.
Brexit surely should have fixed that. I blame Boris.

Soldato
Nope metric are proper measurements. Anything else is some weird voodoo.

Next the OP will be telling us he uses fahrenheit instead of celsius. I wonder how old 'they' are.

I do use nautical miles though at sea as that is the standard measurement.

Associate
Mixed bag here for me, distance is miles, weight is stones and pounds, golf is yards.

But if I'm measuring dimensions it's metric.

I also use metric for cooking weights even though I tend to use imperial for my weight as above.

Can work in either metric or imperial though no matter what, but the above is just what I've got used to.

Man of Honour
KG is the better measurement anyway. Literally everything is weighed in KG, so why not bodyweight too?

Do people send their parcels weighed in stones when booking the item in at checkout? Are cars weighed in stones or KG? Is everything else weighed in KG or stones?

KG just offers a better basis of comparison and an overall better metric for weighing things.

Miles for distance, KG for weight but we will probably need tonnes for yo moma.

:D

Back
Top Bottom